Iowa State University Bioscience Innovation Postdoctoral Fellowship
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Iowa State has established the Iowa State University Bioscience Innovation Postdoctoral Fellowship with the generous support of the Roy J. Carver Foundation. Bioscience Fellows will contribute to breakthrough science in biomedically focused research groups and become part of a vibrant research culture. The successful Bioscience Innovation Postdoctoral Fellow candidate will have a doctorate awarded within the last 3 years in a field related to the research needs of the selected biomedical group(s). Fellows receive a highly competitive stipend ($60,000 plus fringe benefits annually). In addition to the opportunity to advance cutting-edge research, fellows will work closely with a mentor and will receive professional development support up to $10,000 annually to travel to conferences or workshops, to conduct research or to network off site.
Details of participating Bioscience Innovation Projects appear at https://las.iastate.edu/bioscipostdoc/. They include:
- Regulatory Mechanisms that Control Placental Development [mentored by Dr. Geetu Tuteja in the Department of Genetics, Development and Cell Biology (GDCB)]
- Uncovering the Biophysical Mechanisms of Crosstalk in Pattern-Recognition Receptors [mentored by Drs. Jacob Petrich, Emily Smith, and Xueyu Song in the Department of Chemistry]
- Regulation of Autophagy [mentored by Dr. Diane Bassham in the GDCB Department and Dr. Basil Nikolau in the Roy J. Carver Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology (BBMB)]
- Structural Analyses of Cytochrome P450’s [mentored by Dr. Reuben Peters in the BBMB Department]
- Regulation of Coronavirus Replication [mentored by Dr. Yang Yang BBMB Department]
To apply, candidates should follow instructions at https://las.iastate.edu/bioscipostdoc/. Application materials include a cover letter with a statement of interest in one or more of the participating projects, a brief description (<500 words) of research accomplishments, a CV, and contact information for references.
Applications that arrive by February 17, 2021 will receive full consideration.