Postdoctoral Scholar - Neurology
Dr. Keith Vossel, a Professor of Neurology and Director of the Mary S. Easton Center for Alzheimer’s Disease Research at UCLA, is seeking highly motivated applicants interested in a Postdoctoral Scholar position to investigate disease mechanisms in mouse models of Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases, as well as human studies. This position offers training in cell and molecular, neural network, and behavior relationships in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease and opportunities to interface with a translational group bridging bench discoveries with human clinical trials. Dr. Vossel's laboratory studies mechanisms and novel treatments for seizures and related memory loss in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease. In tandem, Dr. Vossel's clinical studies investigate network hyperexcitability in Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, and include clinical trials of anti-seizure drugs to treat Alzheimer's disease-associated network hyperexcitability (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02002819).
Dr. Vossel has been recognized for excellence in mentoring and has sponsored fellowship awards from the NIH and American Academy of Neurology.
Application link: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF05964
- PhD and/or MD with concentration in neuroscience or related field
- Strong record of presenting research results through publications and scientific meetings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Experience in conducting neurophysiology experiments in mice and/or humans
- Experience in mouse behavioral assays
- Proficiency in molecular biology, protein-interaction assays, immunochemistry, and primary neuronal culture
- Experience in MATLAB
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.