Senior Manager, Supply Chain
Senior Manager, Supply Chain
Ireland - Cork
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- Review MPS plans for feasibility and practicality
- Request updates to master data as needed to improve plan accuracy
- Confirm capacity and capabilities of forecast w/ CMO
- Send forecast to CMOs 1st business day of each month
- Ensure all POs/WOs are created in Oracle EBS
- Ensure PO/WO volume matches requested MPS volume timing and utilize correct ICN in Kinaxis Rapid Response
- Ensure all POs/WOs are sent to the CMOs and accepted by the CMO within agreed upon time
- Weekly/Monthly meeting with CMOs to confirm execution of plan
- Drive ad-hoc meetings to review exceptions/changes to plan
- Drive changes to plan through GSC Management
- Prepares and maintains required ERP system documents such as work orders, purchase orders and Material Transfer Requests.
- Initiates and coordinates shipments between facilities
- Updates ERP system data to report production activity and material issuance/movement. Verifies API issuances are in alignment with batch records to support GxP lot tracing requirements
- Processes changes in the ERP system to reflect schedule adjustments according to production progress, change orders, or other delaying conditions. Ensures that open Work Order are in sync with associated Purchase Orders
- Reconcile Gilead book inventory against CMO hand inventory and investigates / explains inventory differences. Makes reconciling entries and works with both internal and external auditors to support SOX requirements.
- Works with finance to identify inventory items that are potential write-offs so that the appropriate financial reserve can be made in the accounting systems.
- Provides support to vendors in resolving outstanding accounts receivable balances and works with Accounts Payable to revolve issues preventing the timely payment of invoices.
- Maintains pricing sheets for each vendor reflecting the current unit pricing and tracks the number of purchase orders issued for vendors that have volume discount price breaks so that the correct price is reflected on those purchase orders.
- Develops, maintains and communicates metrics to monitor and improve performance.
- Conducts Root Cause analysis and drives appropriate corrective actions for identified issues and preventive actions to remove issue from recurring.
- Perform additional duties as assigned aligned to the mission of the team.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills. Able to understand and communicate scientific and business elements to multiple internal audiences.
- Able to work both independently and in a team environment, and support multiple activities simultaneously. Determines personal work plan, and schedules tasks and activities.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with strong time management skills.
- Demonstrates good written communication skills along with good analytical skills.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge with intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to develop solutions to moderately non-routine problems.
- Able to work independently / receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Applies working knowledge of manufacturing and production operations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations/cGMP environment highly desirable.
- Experience with advanced planning systems (ERP) desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Cork/Senior-Manager--Supply-Chain_R0016992
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency