Research Scientist, Analytical Ops
Research Scientist, Analytical Ops
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Specific Responsibilities & Skills for the Position:
- Manages multiple tasks, works closely with cross-functional groups, CTLs, CMOs and external vendors/contractors to ensure analytical deliverables are met to support the supply chain
- Participates in or leads cross-functional team in laboratory investigation, including execution of laboratory experimentation
- Troubleshoot analytical methods during method validation/transfer, release testing, and stability testing for marketed products (including drug substance and drug product)
- Provides the highest quality analytical support, meets aggressive timelines while ensuring compliance to SOPs, protocols, cGMPs and safety regulations
- Strongest consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting of chromatographic and dissolution methods
- Has a strong grasp of the underlying science but able to take on additional operational responsibilities because of talent and indicated interest
- May plan, design and implement laboratory experimentation for method validation and method transfer
- Excellent scientific and business communication skills (both verbal and technical) are required.
- Experience in writing and gaining approval for GMP investigations, investigation plans and quality investigations/records is required
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required
- Responsible for conducting lab investigation for the commercial product and development of drug candidates or the research support of marketed drugs
- Applies the principles and techniques of Analytical Chemistry to solving manufacturing and testing challenges
- Working under general supervision, plans, designs, implements and analyzes laboratory experimentation to advance scientific knowledge in support of investigations or during the lifecycle
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills
- May make contributions to scientific literature and conferences or regulatory filings
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- PhD with Post Doc in Chemistry, OR MS degree with 11+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry, OR B.S. degree with 15+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Scientist--Analytical-Ops_R0017153-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency