Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences Canada Inc. has an exciting opportunity for the newly created role of Accounting Manager, supporting the Canadian commercial affiliate in the Greater Toronto area.
The Accounting Manager will report to the Canada Affiliate Controller and will manage activities across multiple general accounting functions and processes while ensuring the integrity of the Canada affiliate financials. The role will also work closely with the Canada FP&A team and x-functionally across the Canada affiliate to support a business with industry leading therapies that has seen rapid growth over the past five years. The Accounting Manager will possess the ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and demonstrate accountability.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review and posting of month end close and accounting transactions; P&L and balance sheet account analysis, review, reconciliation & resolution; and financial analysis.
- Consistently maintains appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies & procedures including the Worldwide Controllers manual.
- Interacts successfully with internal and external auditors and support quarter end, interim and year-end audits by providing timely & accurate data and communication.
- Recommends & implements process improvements.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, interact successfully with non-financial personnel.
- Partner with FP&A and business partners to ensure the financial integrity of inputs to non-financial external reporting, such as HCP spend transparency reporting, etc.
- Partner with the Business Conduct colleagues in areas of shared responsibility to lead the Canadian organization to best practices such as T&E and External Events Spending reporting.
- Ensure GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, finance policies (Controller's Manual), and tax and legal requirements are followed.
- Support the FP&A and business on an ad-hoc basis through the budgeting/forecasting cycles.
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures, controls and systems to ensure process/policy changes are implemented, and transactions are properly accounted for.
- Identify areas for process improvement and efficiencies, and drive solutions focusing on regional and global standardization.
- Maintain a great working relationship with all business partners
Qualifications & Experience:
- 6+ years of relevant experience and an accounting designation.
- In depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting policies and procedures.
- Experience in a comparable multi-national organization, with experience in biotech/pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and interact successfully with non-financial personnel.
- Ability to build strong partnerships with key business stakeholders and work cross functionally.
- Ability to identify and recommend sustained process improvement, automation.
- Advanced communication, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrated technical, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Oracle R12 or similar integrated software product would be an asset.
- A highly collaborative style that works with all levels of leadership.
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Outlook, Word, and Intermediate Excel) is required.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-national, changing environment, meeting deadlines in an accurate, detailed and timely manner.
- Travel to Europe could be required approximately once-twice per year.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Sr-Manager--Finance_R0016401
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency