A Position is Immediately Available for a Scientific Writer in Immunology to help Define Scientific Strategies, Communicate on Discoveries and Assist with Grant Writing.
Precision Immunology Institute at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (PrIISM)
The Scientific Writer works collaboratively with our Institute Director and Principal Investigators in the field of Immunology and Cancer Immunotherapy to support and enhance grant proposal submissions and strategic program presentations. This individual reports directly to the Institute Director and has a level of accountability with the Department Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides full life cycle editing and writing support for grant submissions and progress reports in the field of Immunology for diverse funding opportunities including the NIH, private foundations, industry, and nonprofit.
- Contributes to and informs on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
- Attending research meetings and taking part in conference calls with scientists
- Coaches faculty members and associate directors on grant writing and research publications.
- Assist faculty members for the general communication of their discoveries and publications.
- Analyzes and interprets research results and the scientific literature in connection with writing or editing high-quality grant proposal narratives, grant reports, letters of recommendation, fellowship applications, etc.
- Effectively manages time, multi-task, and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment. Develops detailed project timelines according to team-specified deadlines.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- PhD degree in the field of Immunology or Cancer therapy, or combination of applicable experience and education
- Previous experience in grant or scientific writing
- Experience in grant review (e.g. NIH or Funding agency Program Officer)
- Experience in scientific communication (Social media, website, press)