Medical Scientist - Team Lead, Oncology
Medical Scientist - Team Lead, Oncology
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Medical Scientist/ Medical Scientific Liaison Lead - Oncology
Gilead Sciences, Inc.is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, cell therapy and invasive fungal disease.
Gilead has declared Hematology-Oncology as one of the key therapeutic areas for future growth. Gilead is growing its pipeline in immune-oncology through internal research, partnerships and acquisitions. We have an exciting opportunity to join the team for breast cancer in Gilead Sciences, UK and Ireland.
This is a field-based Medical Scientist (MS) Lead position, with additional responsibilities. Working with an experienced team in head office the MS Leader will manage MSs working across both the UK and Ireland. The focus will be on the team delivering high quality scientific exchange with specialist hospital staff working in the field of metastatic triple negative breast cancer initially, and as more data emerge further indications in breast cancer and other solid tumours. There will be opportunities for input into strategy and tactics, as well as other project work in addition to management of the team.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Provides the MSs with a clear vision of the strategy and field goals and objectives in close alignment with the head office TA Lead, and foster a collaborative team environment.
- Executes the strategy and regional/national Plan of Actions (POAs) in the field.
- Is responsible for ensuring successful scientific exchange about treatment landscape and therapeutic options with external stakeholders.
- Acts as the interface between the field and the office, ensuring field insights, local research initiatives and data generation are appropriately communicated and discussed within the organization at national and international level.
- Manages the planning of MS activities and ensures cross functional alignment within the Organization and that the MS team works collaboratively with Gilead personnel in Sales, Regional Market Access, Marketing, Clinical Research, Global Safety and Medical Communication.
- Conducts regular MS field visits with each team member.
- Ensures the MS team maintains excellent professional relationships through facilitation of their training and development with each having an individual development plan. Provide continuous constructive feedback (performance and personal development). Periodically meet with MS to conduct performance evaluations.
- Provide the MSs with projects and responsibilities to increase their visibility and boost their professional development.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The candidate must have a strong scientific background with a medical or pharmacy degree, or a higher (e.g. MSc or PhD) degree.
- Good knowledge of the NHS environment and management of solid tumours (ideally breast cancer) is required.
- Previous Medical Scientific Liaison management experience and as an MSL is highly preferable.
- The individual must have excellent communication, presentation and organisational skills.
- The ability to work well in a team, proactivity and personal initiative are key attributes as is a willingness to take ownership of and deliver specific projects.
Gilead Core Values
INTEGRITY - Doing What's Right
INCLUSION - Encouraging Diversity
TEAMWORK - Working Together
EXCELLENCE - Being Your Best
ACCOUNTABILITY - Taking Personal Responsibility
If this is not the right move for you now but remain interested in a career at Gilead Sciences please connect with us via our talent community: https://gilead.avature.net/Gilead
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Medical-Scientist---Team-Lead--Oncology_R0017149-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency