Director of Clinical Nurse Education
Director of Clinical Nurse Education
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States - Texas - DallasUnited States - California - Los AngelesUnited States - New Mexico - AlbuquerqueUnited States - Illinois - ChicagoUnited States - Washington - SeattleUnited States - California - San DiegoUnited States - Arizona - Phoenix
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North America, Europe, and Australia. We are committed to transforming the promise of science and technology into therapies that can make a meaningful difference in patients' lives. We are passionate about advancing treatments for - and potentially curing - some of the world's most challenging and complex illnesses and bringing these scientific innovations to people in need. Focus on areas of high unmet needs, including Oncology, HIV, HBV, HCV, and Inflammatory & Infectious diseases
The Director of Clinical Nurse Education is a key member of the commercial team at Gilead Oncology, responsible for building and leading a team of Clinical Nurse Educators [CNEs]. The CNE team will provide critical product and disease state education and training to healthcare providers within Oncology clinics and hospitals. The individual will oversee, coach, and develop the regionally-based CNE team to compliantly enhance customer disease and therapy (product risk and benefit information) knowledge, coordinate and provide staff training, educate on proper product administration, and provide information to improve patient adherence and management. The Director will partner closely with the Gilead Oncology Sales Leadership Team and other Matrix colleagues to set the direction for the CNEs to effectively educate all health care providers, with a primary focus on nursing staff.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Design, hire and lead a team of expert CNEs to support Nurses, Clinicians and MDs with training, clinical in-services, and information regarding specific oncology disease state and product delivery/use
- Develop Gilead Oncology's strategic approach to nurse and allied healthcare provider education across all marketed products/indications
- Partner with brand marketing teams to develop disease state and product education materials appropriate for effectively training nurses and cascading information to other customers
- Lead CNEs in educating and supporting HCP efforts to improve side effect identification & management, patient adherence, and appropriate product dosing & administration
- Collaborate cross-functionally, as appropriate, to align and prioritize customers for educational activities and advance patient access
- Ensure comprehensive training of CNEs to enable effective, compliant clinical discussions with key personnel across the account and customer types (academic, community, MD, nurse practitioner, physician's assistant, nurses, etc.)
- Provide regular coaching In-Person or Virtual to CNEs and customers to continuously improve the quality and effectiveness of education programs for professional staff through 1:1 presentation, round table discussions, and formal presentations
- Support background training of Field Sales personnel within the region as appropriate
- Identify and gain compliant approval for appropriate opportunities for CNEs to lead Oncology discussions with the patient and patient advocacy groups to support and gain insights into the patient journey
- Engage with nursing thought leaders, key customers, and professional organizations
- Attend and potentially present at national, regional, and local oncology meetings
- Promptly respond to internal/external inquiries and requests, or direct such requests to the appropriate Gilead team or individual, to further Gilead Oncology's customer service objectives
- Demonstrate sound judgment regarding utilization of time and financial resources
- Ensure the highest level of professionalism and compliance standards in all interactions with customers and other business contacts.
- Reads understand and adhere to important documents such as Gilead's business conduct policies and other relevant SOPs, fraud and abuse guidelines, FDA guidelines, PhRMA code, and HIPAA, and other privacy guidelines and memos regarding policy and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and RN
Master's Degree in Nursing and RN
- Current RN License in good standing
- 5 years of clinical hematology/oncology experience and Oncology Clinical Nurse Certification
- Pharmaceutical nursing experience
- Experience leading and inspiring field-based teams
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess superior customer engagement skills focused on building trust
- Self-motivated and able to work with autonomy
- Once the COVID-19 pandemic ends and the travel restrictions are lifted, this position may require up to 2-3 overnights per week
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Director-of-Clinical-Nurse-Education_R0017086
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency