Assoc Director, Medical Affairs - Oncology
Assoc Director, Medical Affairs - Oncology
Australia - Melbourne
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. Our heritage of science and innovation and the curiosity and passion of everyone who works here has enabled us to provide medicines that help transform standards of care for more than 30 years. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include liver diseases, infectious diseases, inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Due to continued growth, we are seeking a knowledgeable and motivated professional capable of working effectively in a cross-functional team environment. The successful candidate will assume a full-time employment as an Associate Director, Gilead Oncology in the Medical Affairs department and report to the Director, Gilead Oncology.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure the safe and appropriate use of Gilead medicines
- Improve the standard of clinical care for patients living with cancer
- Manage and develop the Gilead Oncology field medical team
- Serve as internal scientific expert in the therapy area, healthcare landscape, and data on Gilead and competitor medicines
- Develop and execute the ANZ Gilead Oncology Medical Affairs plan of action to support the Gilead oncology franchise
- Create/localise content materials for use by Medical Scientist team and Medical Information team
- Partner with colleagues and serve as the internal medical affairs representative in the cross-functional therapeutic team
- Regular communication with external medical community to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide medical support and direction
- Collaborate in a cross- functional team effort with local regulatory affairs and market access to develop best strategy and tactics to support market access for new compounds in this TA
- Provide local medical expert input into global product development teams
- Helps coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences and may present to external audience
- Manages projects to completion, anticipates obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in a collaborative manner.
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Skills
- Demonstrated scientific knowledge management in oncology (especially in breast cancer) is strongly preferred
- Advanced scientific or clinical degree preferred
- Functional experience in field medical affairs preferred
- Prior supervisory/leadership and people development experience preferred
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead change through thinking strategically to drive innovation
- Demonstrated relational intelligence by generating value through impactful interactions
- Demonstrated strategic project management through leading valuable and impactful projects aligned to the needs of the patients and other stakeholders they serve, by engaging internal and external stakeholders and resources
- Excellent written, verbal, relationship-building, influencing, and negotiation skills required
- Aptitude to understand complex issues, identify key insights, and communicate salient points to varying audiences required
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize workload required
- Ability to work with a high level of autonomy and independence required
- Adherence to all regulatory, legal, and business conduct requirements required
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences which will include occasional weekend travel is required.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Only for Hyperion load of Budgeted Positions. Do not use for any other purposes.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Australia---Melbourne/Assoc-Director--Medical-Affairs---Oncology_R0017073-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency