Senior Manager, Medical Affairs
Senior Manager, Medical Affairs
Russian Federation - Moscow
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences was founded 30 years ago and it is an ambitious, innovative, research-based biopharmaceutical company with a pioneering mind-set that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, oncology/cell therapy, inflammation, invasive fungal infection and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
This role will be office based at the Moscow office, with a strong focus on liaising with thought leaders and healthcare professionals.
This role will report to the Medical Affairs Director and will be a member of the International Medical Affairs organization.
Responsibilities (include But Are Not Limited To)
- Establish and maintain scientific collaborative relationships with Key Thought Leaders.
- Provides local medical expert input into global product strategy for HIV.
- Represents the company to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, regulatory groups at scientific meetings.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for scientific information.
- Develops and leads plans with national cooperative groups to define what are the gaps and potential specific national requirements/needs.
- Be part of the international medical affairs HIV team and contribute to the overall international strategy and efforts.
- Regular communication with external medical community to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide medical support and direction to them.
- Collaborates with project management, medical communications and commercial teams in multiple areas including publication planning, speaker education programs, regional consultant meetings, manuscript reviews and conference preparation.
- Attends most major conferences and helps coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences and may present to external audience.
- Responsible for the development and execution of projects that will provide more extensive background, additional data or answers to questions in response to issues that arise relative to commercial, scientific or data needs.
- Manages projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in a collaborative manner.
Knowledge, Experience And Skills
- The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree in science (PhD, PharmD, MD preferred), with clinical and research experience in the key therapeutic areas.
- Industry experience with medical affairs exposure is essential
- This is an office based position however candidate should have ability to travel within Russia and internationally- i.e. networking, visiting customers/KOLs, attending conferences which will include occasional weekend travel.
- Must have demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a team environment. Strong presentation skills are required.
- Fluency in English is essential
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Russian-Federation---Moscow/Senior-Manager--Medical-Affairs_R0017118
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency