Marketing Director - Oncology
Marketing Director - Oncology
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Marketing Director, Oncology
Gilead Sciences Ltd. (UK & Ireland)
Gilead Sciences Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. The company strives to transform and simplify care for people with life-threatening illnesses around the world. Gilead has operations in more than 35 countries world-wide, with headquarters in Foster City, California, USA.
In 2020, Gilead completed the acquisition of a number of companies which are developing innovative treatments in the field of oncology. One of the leading compounds is a novel Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC), which is being investigated for its potential application across various types of cancer. Due to the anticipated regulatory authorisation of this new ADC in 2021, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and experienced marketer to join Gilead as Oncology Marketing Director in the UK & Ireland affiliate. This newly created position will be based in Holborn, London and report into the Business Unit Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a marketing team to develop an integrated marketing strategy and implement a cross-functional tactical plan to support the launch of a new ADC into the UK & Ireland market.
- Lead the planning, development and implementation of integrated marketing strategies and associated tactical plans. Such activities will also include performance and tracking metrics for plan evaluation, as well as managing the marketing budget.
- Line management responsibility of marketing team
- Lead the UK&I Oncology Brand Team to develop wider cross-functional activities in line with brand strategy
- Develop effective working relationships and effective engagement plans with NHS Therapy Area Experts and other key stakeholders to strengthen Gilead's position within the oncology market.
- Ensure strong alignment of brand strategy and sales execution. Drive robust POA meetings in partnership with sales leadership.
- Ensure strong commercial presence at relevant Oncology Congresses in alignment with all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Develop an impactful and targeted Patient Advocacy Group engagement strategy in partnership with Public Affairs team.
- Drive appropriate Multi-Channel-Marketing activities with a continued eye for innovation in the digital marketing space.
- Liaise with IHQ to ensure alignment of UK campaigns to Global plans
- Demonstrate leadership excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects and priorities, including close working with agencies
- Continually monitor environment and leverage market research/analytics to optimise marketing plan and tactics
- Ensures that all marketing activities are in compliant with Gilead SOP and ABPI Code of Practice.
- Expertise and track record of successful leadership in market planning, tactical development and implementation, budget management and tracking progress of campaigns
- Strong strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop and execute strategy
- People management experience preferred
- Solid tumour marketing experience is a must - preferably in Breast Cancer
- Strong team ethic and proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Strong knowledge of UK Healthcare environment and ability to work with Market Access to help secure favourable pricing and reimbursement outcomes
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining a strong network of NHS Therapy Area Experts
- Excellent analytical skills, demonstrated by the ability to identify and understand complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to senior management and across functional areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, including ability to follow tasks/assignments through to completion
- Excellent communications skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing are required.
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and impact on development of marketing materials is required.
Specific education and experience requirements
- Undergraduate Degree in Life Sciences, Marketing or equivalent
- Solid experience in pharmaceutical industry
- Good working knowledge of NHS and oncology pricing and reimbursement landscape
- Strong track record and experience in field roles, such as pharmaceutical sales, is required.
- Strong marketing experience in oncology market is required - preferably in Breast Cancer.
- Competent experience of using Microsoft Office products is required
- People management experience preferred
- e-Marketing experience is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Marketing-Director---Oncology_R0017055-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency