Sr. Research Associate I, Analytical Ops
Sr. Research Associate I, Analytical Ops
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Under general supervision authors and revises stability studies and sampling plans
- Creates/Reviews/Verifies GMP stability protocols in LIMS
- Maintains and manages control of internal stability sample inventories during the Lifecyle of stability studies. This includes study initiation, sample pulls, disposal and audit of samples.
- Provides support to external partners as needed
- Prepare samples for stability study initiation including weighing and packaging of drug substance and drug product
- Performs reconciliation of samples during analysis period
- Plans and executes assigned task and projects with some supervision
- Provides support to laboratory investigations, change management, deviations and CAPAs
- Responsible for monitoring stability chambers
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Previous experience authoring and revising stability related documents is a plus
- Understanding of cGMP and quality control (QC)
- Strong knowledge of software such as Microsoft Office LIMS, electronic notebooks, Trackwise, etc.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team with internal and external clients, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Demonstrates the ability to clearly and concisely present/explain results to multiple internal audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people from a wide range of skill levels and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Essential Education and Experience:
- B.S or B.A degree in Chemistry with 2+ years OR M.S. degree in Chemistry with 0-2 years of relevant experience in an analytical GMP regulated environment
- Prior experience working in a QC/GMP laboratory is a plus
- Previous experience with Biologics and small molecules is a plus
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Associate--Analytical-Ops_R0016363-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency