Battery Innovation Fellow
As part of empowerST, a first-of-its-kind battery innovation fellowship program, outstanding young entrepreneurially-minded scientists will advance their battery storage innovation R&D projects towards commercialization goals.
Over the course of the two (2)-year program, the fellows will receive:
- Salary including eligibility for an excellent benefit program through the Research Foundation;
- Up to $100,000 total support for their R&D efforts;
- Technical mentorship under the direction of world-renowned battery research leaders;
- Entrepreneurship and customer-discovery training to assess unmet market needs and develop business models and strategies for the commercialization of the battery technologies.
- Technology transfer and IP support for intellectual property protection of the respective battery technology inventions, industry partner outreach and engagement, and agreement negotiations.
Fellows are expected to conduct appropriate R&D activities resulting in a proof of concept to advance their battery technology projects, publish and present relevant research findings, seek and apply for additional research funding, fully participate in entrepreneurial training programs, and undertake activities to advance the IP protection for and commercialization readiness of their battery technologies.