Executive Director, Head of Product Finance
Executive Director, Head of Product Finance
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Product Finance Executive Director will lead a team of approximately seven professionals supporting our ~$4B clinical pipeline and portfolio. They will serve as the direct business partner for the three Development TA Heads (SVPs of Oncology, Virology, and Inflammation) and support the cross-functional Program Strategy Leaders in the development and analyses of product strategies that maximize portfolio and asset value. As Gilead has grown its portfolio, both organically and through business development, we have a need to prioritize and understand trade-offs and implications across the portfolio. This will ensure that we appropriately and accurately understand the strategic and financial implications of these trade-offs with options and scenarios analyses - both at the program and portfolio level. The role will report to the VP, R&D Finance, and will have an enterprise responsibility in connecting the dots across and within key product development functions (R&D, PDM/Operations, and Commercial) and their sub-functions (e.g., forecasting, clin ops, reg affairs, value & access, manufacturing, etc.).
- Lead the creation of a new finance capability and competency - developing a matrixed and cross-functional view of our products to facilitate better portfolio management and decision making
- Oversee the creation of enterprise P&Ls and valuations for all products and across all functions (R&D, PDM, and Commercial)
- Manage a team of Product CFOs who are assigned to individual or multiple assets and work closely with the Program Strategy Leader (PSL) and/or Program Teams
- Facilitate and simplify analytics to enable portfolio decision making - focusing on key value creation levers and driving transparency and alignment on key inputs and assumptions
- Serve as an unbiased and neutral arbiter of analyses and assumptions
- Serve as direct finance business partner for 3 SVPs / TA Heads
- Lead the pipeline long-range plan exercise, providing recommendations and scenario analyses
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly close process, including expense accruals, management reporting, and budget vs. actual variance analysis
- Proactively recommend and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and project support for the executive leadership team
- Provide managerial leadership and guidance to direct reports. Build a highly capable team through the attraction, training and development of professionals
- Regularly interacts with Gilead's senior management on portfolio matters
Capabilities and Requirements:
- BS or BA is required and an MBA or CPA is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 16+ years of finance experience with increasing scope and responsibility, with a minimum of 10 years of management experience
- Prior experience in biotech or pharma in a commercial finance leadership role is strongly preferred
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required
- In depth knowledge of US Healthcare Systems, Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP systems is required with proficiency in Microsoft tools
- Experience in high growth, multinational organization is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills: an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills.
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Team Leadership: Demonstrates ability to align and motivate a team to achieve objectives including financial results, timely and accurate reporting, transparency, and controls. They will lead, attract, train & develop a team of highly capable skilled finance professionals to support the Commercial business.
- Change Leadership: The candidate will be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo. Will be viewed by business partners and Finance colleagues as a thought leader with strong, influencing capabilities, who can also maintain open and transparent communication channels.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Executive-Director--Head-of-Product-Finance_R0016955-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency