Ambitious Project searching for ambitious Researcher(s)
NANOCORE-IMDEA Nanociencia is a 15+ scientists, 3+M€, 3+ year collaboration between the group of Prof. Emilio M. Pérez at Madrid-based, Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence, IMDEA Nanociencia, and the Danish nanotech company NANOCORE. We are using a novel and proprietary technology, developed during the course of ERC StG and PoC grants, to finally unleash the enormous potential of carbon nanotubes as fillers in polymer composites.
The aspiration of the Tsunami Project is to make the strongest industrially applicable material on Earth. Nothing less. So, if you have the ambition and the necessary skills, join us. This is your chance to make an impact.
We are seeking smart and engaged scientists at the Research Scientist, PostDoc, PhD and Technician levels (several positions available), preferably with knowledge and experience in one or several of the following areas:
- Polymer/composites chemistry and analysis
- Materials science and engineering
- Structure-property relationships in materials
- Carbon nanotubes and graphene
Specific Applicant requirements:
- Research Scientist: More than four years postdoctoral experience in the specific topic.
- PostDoc: PhD in chemistry completed when the position starts. Ability to demonstrate exceptional research accomplishments.
- PhD: Master degree courses in chemistry, materials science, engineering or related discipline.
- Technician: Technician or Superior Technician degree, in the framework of professional training
General Application Requirements
- Applications should be sent electronically to email@example.com.
- The subject of the mail should start with the profile followed by your family name and name (ie. subject: PostDoc Smith John).
- One compressed file (in PDF format) including the following documents:
- Motivation letter (max. 1 page),
- Short curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages including the 5 most relevant papers and invited talks as well as the prizes or other major achievements, etc.)
- For the Research Scientist, Postdoc and Technician position, names and contact details of at least two Referees.
We offer a unique opportunity to the applicants to work in a true multidisciplinary scientific environment facing fundamental societal challenges, if results are satisfactory. Whether you are pursuing a career in industry or academia, this is the place to be. We have an offensive publication and patenting strategy, and the high strength/low weight materials being pursued have the chance to become tomorrow’s materials in virtually any industry you can think of: automobile, aviation, wind energy, off-shore, sporting goods, etc.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
- Applicants must have the academic conditions and / or the specific requirements for the different profiles at the time of recruitment.
- The individual evaluation of the applications will be accomplished on the basis of two criteria:
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate (70%): Academic results, which include the academic transcripts, and research experience, including publications and participation in research projects, will be evaluated.
- Quality of the motivation letter detailing the research interests (30%).
Evaluation and Selection Procedure
- Applications which fail the eligibility check will be informed of their ineligibility.
- Applications which are deemed to be eligible will receive confirmation that they have passed the eligibility check and are under evaluation.
- An ad hoc Recruitment Committee composed by the project’s PI, 1 member of IMDEA Nanociencia HR staff and 1 member of NANOCORE will evaluate the applications.
- Unsuccessful applicants with a score equal to or greater than 70 will be part of the substitute pool for the purpose of possible substitution, if the selected candidate resigns at any time during the term of the contract, or incorporation.
IMDEA-Nanociencia is part of the Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence, Madrid, and is a leading institute on advanced nanoscience, and hence intrinsically interdisciplinary, with top groups and equipment in surface science, nanosensors, time-resolved spectroscopy, chemical synthesis, nanomagnetism, etc. Professor Emilio M. Perez’ group has realized the efficient use of carbon nanotubes in composite materials, as described in e.g. de Juan, A. et al. Mechanically Interlocked Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 53, 5394-5400, doi:10.1002/anie.201402258 (2014) and López-Moreno, A. et al. Threading through Macrocycles Enhances the Performance of Carbon Nanotubes as Polymer Fillers. ACS Nano 10, 8012-8018, doi:10.1021/acsnano.6b04028 (2016).
NANOCORE’s headquarter is in Copenhagen, Denmark. NANOCORE aims at revolutionizing the materials industry through the use of its proprietary LASSO technology. NANOCORE’s CEO Henrik Pedersen is the founder and previous CEO of multiple biotech companies, including the drug discovery company Nuevolution, recently acquired by Amgen. The LASSO technology is covered by several patents and patent applications, e.g. patent US10,301,443 (2015) and patent application WO 2019/138077 (2018).