Dlgu Hospitalier H/F / Therapeutic Specialist Paris
Dlgu Hospitalier H/F / Therapeutic Specialist Paris
France - Tours, Orleans
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We have an exciting opportunity and are seeking a Therapeutic Specialist (fix term contract - 6 months) H/F to join the French Liver Diseases team.
The role is field based and this person will be responsible for Paris (intra muros).
The role reports to the Associate Director Sales Manager Liver Diseases of the region.
- Has a proven track record of successful pharmaceutical medical or healthcare sales experience and relevant disease/product knowledge, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills, honed in highly competitive markets.
- Is familiar with industry trends and remains current with competitor's resources and practices. Can speak to the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol, and asks in-depth questions of experts to clarify understanding.
- Proactively identifies issues, opportunities, and resolutions and is able to present and effectively communicate issues and recommendations to marketing and sales management.
- Serves as a technical expert of assigned product, therapeutic/disease classes, and patient needs in order to educate/influence key physicians/community members. Can credibly discuss the science of therapeutic products with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of external business drivers and internal company operations. Understands Gilead staffing and decision-making networks, and how to get work done within the institution. Incorporates this knowledge into business plans.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a high level of autonomy and independence. Serves as technical expert of assigned product, therapeutic classes, and patient needs in order to educate/influence key physicians.
- This position requires knowledge of industry trends and competitor's resources and practices. Must be able to proactively identify issues, opportunities, and resolutions and is able to present and effectively communicate issues and recommendations to marketing and sales management.
Specific education and experience requirements :
- Typical candidates will possess the diploma of Visite Medicale (or professional card).
- A 1st experience in specialty sales is important (mainly at the hospital).
- Achievement of any mandatory country-specific pharmaceutical sales certifications is essential.
Specific job responsibilities :
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets, and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory.
- Fulfils a regional training role to develop the key skills of other team members, and acts as a mentor for junior staff.
- Initiates systems to regularly measure sales progress and action plans. Documents and provides feedback on performance.
- May assist others with their individual plans, and is productive at developing in-depth market interpretation of sales analysis data.
- Manages territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May work in collaboration with outside partner companies to co-promote products or services.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Science Liaisons, National Account Managers, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects.
- Organizes sales initiatives within the market as directed and follows up on these to ensure their successful completion.
- May take the lead on projects within team e.g. liaison role with marketing, meetings coordinator etc.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses etc.
- Operates in compliance with Gilead commercial compliance policy, and all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to the AIFA, Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration's implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector General's Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
Gilead Core Values :
- Integrity (Doing What's Right),
- Teamwork (Working Together),
- Excellence (Being Your Best)
- Accountability (Taking Personal Responsibility)
- Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
For jobs in France:
Conformement la Loi Informatique et Libertes (06/01/78), nous vous informons du fait que les donnees personnelles renseignees pourront faire l'objet d'un traitement informatique par Gilead et pourront tre transmises aux Organismes Sociaux. Par ailleurs, vous disposez d'un droit d'accs, de rectification et de suppression des donnees vous concernant. Vous pouvez exercer ce droit en contactant: FranceDataPrivacy@gilead.com
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/France---Tours-Orleans/Dlgu-Hospitalier-H-F---Therapeutic-Specialist-Paris_R0016877-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency