Tenure-track Assistant Professor in the field of functional genomics complex traits and metabolism
UNIL is a leading international teaching and research institution, with over 5,000 employees and 15,500 students split between its Dorigny campus, CHUV and Epalinges campuses. As an employer, UNIL encourages excellence, individual recognition and responsibility.
The Faculty of Biology and Medicine (FBM) of the University of Lausanne is inviting applications for a:
Tenure-track Assistant Professor toward Associate Professor
in the field of functional genomics of complex traits and metabolism
at the Center for Integrative Genomics (CIG)
Starting date: 2021 or to be agreed
Place: Lausanne, Switzerland
The Center for Integrative Genomics is a highly interactive, multidisciplinary research center of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine of the University of Lausanne (UNIL); its research activities are supported by state-of-the-art core facilities. It houses 16 research groups and 4 junior leaders and has direct access to several state-of-the-art core facilities.
Main tasks – Research:
- Establish an independent, innovative, and internationally-competitive research program that will attract extramural funding
- In compliance with the legal and ethical provisions, ensure the direction of a research group, coordinate its research with that developed in other groups, in a spirit of collaboration and participate in the preparation of the next generation of academics.
- Collaborate in the scientific and academic life of the Department and the Faculty, ensure the influence at a regional, national and international level, while actively participating in international congresses.
Main tasks - teaching:
- Participate in teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- PhD in Science, MD or MD/PhD
- Significant post-doctoral experience with demonstrated excellence in research
- Interest in teaching, experience a plus
The successful candidate will receive starting package as well as an annual research and consumable endowment.
The job description is available on the University’s website.
Further information may be obtained from Prof. Alexandre Reymond (email@example.com), Director of the CIG.
Applications, in English, should include i) a motivation letter, ii) a curriculum vitae, iii) a list of publications highlighting the five most significant ones, iv) a brief statement (5 pages max.) of the past and future research, v) a summary of previous teaching experience (if applicable), vi) and the names and contact information of at least three references.
Full applications should be submitted online as a single PDF file to the University’s website by March 21st 2021, 2021 (23:59 GMT+1).
We offer a pleasant working atmosphere in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. There are possibilities for continuing professional education and a multitude of activities and other benefits to discover.
UNIL is committed to promoting gender equality and diversity and strongly encourages applications from female candidates. www.unil.ch/egalite