1st Call for application for MSCA-Cofund EDENE PhD European doctoral program in Energy and Environm
The EDENE, European Doctoral Program in Energy and Environment, led by UPPA, is co-funded within the framework of the Marie-Sklodovska-Curie COFUND actions of the Horizon H2020 program of the European Commission. EDENE is an international, interdisciplinary and intersectoral project that is committed to 1 / recruit candidates through a rigorous and fair process via eligibility, ethics and selection committees made up of external experts; 2 / guarantee training of excellence through the expertise of the UPPA laboratories and their network, via a 3-year contract; 3 / encourage collaborations with partners, international leaders in energy and the environment (University of Zaragoza, Total, Enedis, Terega, Bertin, Pôle Avénia, SATT); 4 / provide personalized follow-up to doctoral students from their reception to their professional integration.
Through this First Call for Projects, CALL#1, EDENE will allow 10 excellent researchers to develop their talent beyond the Master, via a project of their choice, while being integrated in the best teams of UPPA and possible partners. Motivated candidates are asked to define their own research project in cooperation with their host unit at UPPA, so they can develop a successful cooperation in term of research, excellence and career development.
- Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply, however applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity in France for more than 12 months in the 3 years preceding the PhD start date (09/2021)
- Entrance requirements: candidates must hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent degree) with outstanding records
- English language requirements: non-native speakers of English are required to provide proof of linguistic proficiency
- Required competencies: Applicants are expected to show outstanding commitment connected to the research priorities of the laboratories.
Three steps for the selection:
- 1st step: Candidates have to contact the Research Laboratories from the UPPA in their field of interest, in order to find a supervisor and prepare their Research project: https://recherche.univ-pau.fr/en/labs-and-expertise/research-laboratories.html
- 2nd step: by March 31st, 2021, applicants must submit their Research project, previously reviewed with the host laboratory, on the E2S UPPA online platform
- 3rd step: candidates will be selected on the basis of the quality of their curriculum and the relevance of their project proposal. The selection of the best candidates will be carried out by committees involved in the different stages of the process
- Interview – the best-ranked proposals will be short-listed (up to 40) for interviews; the candidate will be invited to defend her/his project in front of the selection committee
- The candidate's marks and rankings during the selection process
- The candidate’s motivation, scientific maturity, and curiosity
- The adequacy between the research project and his/her skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility for the progress and the quality of the project