VP, Early Development- Oncology
VP, Early Development- Oncology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Vice President, Clinical Research will report to Chris Takimoto, Senior Vice President, Clinical Research in Oncology and will be part of the Oncology Therapeutic Area (TA) lead by Daejin Abidoye. This position will have the major responsibility for overseeing the internal Oncology Early Development Portfolio and will be one of the senior members of the Gilead Oncology TA group.
- Strategic Thinking: Sets the overall therapeutic area strategy in Oncology Early Development with a focus on (but is not limited to) early stage, pre-proof-of-concept oncology programs. This position requires input from Research and Commercial functions and is accountable for developing and advancing an early phase portfolio of innovative and market viable products for Oncology; Must have experience with early stage oncology drug development, IND filings, clinical pharmacology, translational/biomarker research, companion diagnostic development, and must also have prior interactions with early phase clinical investigators; Understands the competitive landscape within Oncology, including having a perspective on how clinical practice and patient needs are evolving as well as therapeutic area trends and their relevance to the Gilead portfolio; Responsible for clinical development's assessment of both internal and external early phase opportunities to advance Gilead's portfolio and actively seeks opportunities to form external partnerships to strengthen Gilead's Oncology portfolio and probability of success.
- Influence and Partnership: Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with Research, Development, Business Development, and Commercial stakeholders; Guide the further buildout of the clinical research infrastructure to maximize efficiency of early phase oncology trials; Establishes and maintains an external network including relationships with the innovation community, early phase key opinion leaders, medical and scientific organizations, governmental bodies and patient organizations within Oncology; Leverages to identify opportunities and sources of innovation; Sets the expectation for and models a collaborative and enterprise mindset
- Delivery Excellence: Responsible for ensuring that the Oncology portfolio is aligned with disease area strategies and appropriate activities are prioritized; Facilitates efforts across Development and is accountable for the technical execution of early phase programs within the Oncology portfolio; Owns the operational direction for Oncology clinical research team within the Development organization, which includes responsibility for scientific and medical aspects of clinical studies such as protocol design, risk benefit assessment, and medical monitoring
- Innovation: Thinks creatively and brings innovative solutions to the TA; Identifies and leverages advances in clinical development, where appropriate, such as real-world data, analytics, and innovative trial designs
- People Development: Develops others by identifying and mentoring high performers and building a culture of diversity, inclusion and collaboration throughout the organization; Delegates responsibility and empowers others
- Decision-making: Maintains a culture of rigorous data-driven decision making that rewards truth-seeking behavior; Encourages employees to exercise good judgement and embrace decision making; Empowers capable individuals to be accountable decision-makers
- Communication: Advocates on behalf of Gilead and effectively communicates complex medical/clinical concepts in both written and oral communication to both internal and external stakeholders
Capabilities & Requirements:
- You have prior experience leading an R&D team and have broad R&D functional experience and understanding, ideally from a global perspective
- You have the credibility and reputation to attract and retain top talent with a history of creating teams that can thrive in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- You have a track record of successfully developing therapies
- You have the ability to create and fulfil a vision in a matrix environment and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders across different functions
- You have practical experience in identifying, vetting and managing external partnerships including vendors, academic and industry collaborators
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to translate between business leaders, scientists, and medical professionals
Education & Qualifications:
- MD degree and board certification or equivalent years of clinical research experience in Oncology
- 10+ years of biopharmaceutical industry drug development experience, early through late stage development, including the design and conduct of clinical studies
Gilead Core Values
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/VP--Early-Development--Oncology_R0016918-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency