Post-Doctoral Researcher – Immunogenetics and Transplantation Immunology
Recruiting post-doctoral researcher position in the Immunogenetics and Transplantation Laboratory (ITL) at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF). The qualified candidate will be working on projects related to Immunogenetic, Histocompatibility and Transplant Immunology. The overall aims of the projects are to, 1) Define the functional histocompatibility to increase the number of transplants and improve transplant outcomes by identifying acceptable HLA mismatches and tolerable donor-specific antibodies; 2) Understand the function of germline-encoded polymorphism of immunity-related genes (HLA, KIR, KLR, FcR) in human ethnic populations and their impact on infections, tumor transformation, autoimmune diseases, pregnancy success and allogeneic solid organ and bone marrow transplantation.
- Hold a Ph.D. in a biological science discipline such as Immunology, molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, statistics, or equivalent from an accredited graduate-level institution.
- Expertise in Biology/Immunology (cell culture, flow cytometry, genetic sequencing, and basic cellular and molecular biology techniques) and/or in bioinformatics (statistics, computing, and reasonably familiarity with the biological background).
- Strong statistical and analytical skills, including proficiency in data cleaning, managing large datasets and conducting analyses using advanced statistical and bioinformatics tools.
- Develop computational approaches including deep learning to analyze genomic and proteomic patterns associated with immunity.
- Work with other computational and experimental lab members and collaborators to turn new findings into experimentally and computationally testable hypotheses.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Actively participate in writing journal articles and grant proposals.
- Work independently and as part of a team, collaborating with others.
- Have at least two years of availability.
Salary and Benefits:
The annual stipend is competitive with NIH fellowships. Benefits include medical and dental insurance. In addition, vacation, sick, and professional leave are provided.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV, cover letter and list of references to Rajalingam Raja, Ph.D., Director of UCSF Immunogenetics and Transplantation Laboratory (Rajalingam.Raja@ucsf.edu) and copy Annie Szeto (Annie.Szeto@ucsf.edu).
Apply for Post-Doctoral Researcher – Immunogenetics and Transplantation Immunology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Life Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in San Francisco
- Immunology Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in San Francisco
- Stem Cells Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in San Francisco
- Health Sciences Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in San Francisco
- Clinical Research Full Time Healthcare/Hospital jobs in San Francisco