The Post Doctoral Fellow assists in conducting specialized laboratory research under the general guidance of the Principal Investigator (PI), specially, which will focus on virus-associated malignancies research using KSHV as a model pathogen. This position is governed by state and federal law and institution/department policy.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
- Conducts research as outlined in funded and proposed grant applications under the direction of PI or Collaborators, but with minimal supervision.
- Develops or modifies research protocols and collects background information for ongoing and future experiments.
- Troubleshoots new and existing experimental approaches and makes recommendations for research refinement.
- Maintains proper records of experiments in detail.
- Documents all experimental results including photos where appropriate.
- Prepares manuscripts for publication and participates in preparing grants and assisting other lab members in these duties.
- May assist with grant proposals, publication preparation, and presentations.
- Proficiently prepare and process new IRB, IBC, IACUC research proposals, amendments, continuing review applications, and adverse events according to institutional and departmental policies, procedures, and federal regulations.
- May participate in periodic site visits from sponsor, regulatory authorities, and others to review research, source documentation, and research procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Ph.D. in science-related field required.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).