Business Analytics Senior Manager, Oncology
Business Analytics Senior Manager, Oncology
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Business Analytics Senior Manager, Oncology
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analytics Senior Manager to join the UK & Ireland affiliate, supporting our Oncology business unit, as we prepare for an upcoming launch in an area of high unmet medical need. This position will be ultimately be based at our London office in Holborn, but will likely be home-based in the first instance if COVID-19 measures remain in place.
This exciting role is responsible for supporting the Oncology business with market research, forecasting, analytics and insight, as a member of the cross-functional brand team. Role may also include managing projects or processes of wider benefit across all therapy areas.
The desired candidate would have previous experience of market research, forecasting, and analytics in the pharma/biotech industry, with relevant therapy area experience.
Summary of Role and Requirements
In summary, the role provides critical insight to the business, drawing from 3 main areas of work:
- Forecasting and patient modelling
- Market research
- Other analytics eg market share analysis and KPI reporting
Key requirements can be summarized as a blend of technical and softer skills:
- Good experience and understanding of BI/analytics, market research and forecasting for pharmaceuticals in secondary care setting (hospital/specialist) & key data sources eg IQVIA
- Relevant therapy area experience required
- Highly numerate with strong Excel skills and able to convey data through charts/powerpoint
- Experience of using other relevant tools beneficial eg analytics tools such as Tableau or MicroStrategy and forecasting tools such as i2e
- Ability to work in partnership with other team members and other functions, sometimes in an influencing/leading role, sometimes in a supporting role
- Commercial perspective and interpersonal skills required to understand the big picture and political sensitivities, and contribute to tactical discussions
- Resilience under pressure, proactivity/tenacity/positivity, and a drive for excellence
- Works with brand team to scope, design, and manage the execution of qualitative and quantitative market research.
- Collaborates with primary and secondary market research agencies on data collection.
- Interprets market research studies and makes presentations on current market areas and future market conditions.
- Manages the research and analysis of the relevant markets, competition and product mix.
- Assists in development and dissemination of routine KPI reporting.
- Supports development of business frameworks and related analytical processes based on the needs of the Company's senior management.
- Analyses competitive environment sales data, market penetration, market potential and future trends and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Compiles and analyses data on sales and trends to forecast future trends.
- Projects demand for Gilead's and competitors' products within a particular therapeutic area over the next two to three years.
- Develops and maintains forecast models including forecasts of epidemiology, competitive market potential and penetration, and access and pricing implications.
- Uses research, literature and competitive intelligence to propose quality forecast assumptions, in collaboration with international Research, Marketing/Sales, and Medical.
- Advises senior-level internal customers on forecasting assumptions, inputs and outputs.
- Carries out base-case and scenario modeling to support decision-making.
- Conducts analytics (e.g. segmentation) to derive key insights for use in marketing strategies.
- Supports brand teams and other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Job responsibilities may also include managing projects or processes of wider benefit across all therapy areas. May also need to cover other therapy areas depending on work allocation.
- Provides thought leadership through the proper application of analytical techniques.
- Presents recommendations and findings to various stakeholders within the organization.
- Applies strategic thinking and communicates highly complex analytical processes in a clear and concise manner.
- Independently leads projects and coordinates input from cross-functional teams of Commercial, Marketing, Medical, Finance and external vendors.
- Establishes and maintains positive business relationships in the Commercial organization, consistently demonstrating a thorough understanding of internal customers' business needs, their processes, and immediate priorities.
- Interacts with internal customers ranging from executive leadership to field sales reps.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Relevant experience across all areas of sales/marketing Business Intelligence (analysis, market research and forecasting), preferably in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Sales and Marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources (e.g., IQVIA.) is required.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research.
- Experience in both forecasting and scenario modelling is desirable.
- Highly numerate with proven data analysis and interpretation skills, and ability to meaningfully portray quantitative data in graphical form.
- Capable of building models that evaluate business situations and provide recommendations.
- Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy and reliability of complex analyses.
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with an ability to understand the 'big picture'.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to interact with individuals from a variety of departments.
- Good communication skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing. Able to communicate clearly in a manner that gets messages across to colleagues. Must be able to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical members of senior management.
- Track record for excellent project management skills such as planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution is required.
- Self-starter, able to learn quickly and multi-task to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment of changing priorities.
- High level of resourcefulness and problem solving skills under pressure are critical.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and in-depth knowledge of other MS software systems (Word & PowerPoint, etc.) is required. Experience in analytical software (eg Tableau) advantageous.
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Business-Analytics-Senior-Manager--Oncology_R0016928-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency