Assistant or Associate Professor of Neurobiology (Tenure-Track)
The Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences in the College of Veterinary Medicine at North Carolina State University is recruiting a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of assistant or associate professor. Candidates pursuing research in all areas of translational neuroscience are encouraged to apply. Applicants should have a doctoral degree and relevant postdoctoral experience. We are seeking candidates who employ cutting-edge and innovative approaches that bridge disciplines and build on existing strengths in our growing interdepartmental and intercollegiate neuroscience community. There is particular interest in areas of neural and glial development, circuits and behavior, neuroimmunology, aging, pain, and iPSC modeling of neurological diseases. Preference will be given to individuals whose research has the potential to make a tangible impact on animal and/or human health through innovative discovery. The new faculty will be expected to establish or possess (based on rank) an extramurally funded program with national recognition and contribute to undergraduate, graduate, and veterinary education. Inclusiveness and diversity are critical to the success of the College and University as a whole; the new faculty member will be expected to actively contribute to building a community that is respectful, inclusive, and welcoming of all groups. We encourage applications from candidates who identify as members of groups that are underrepresented in neuroscience.
Our highly rated veterinary hospital has state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic capacities and a strong community of both clinician and basic scientists. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to engage and collaborate with veterinary clinician scientists who lead well-funded research programs studying naturally occurring disease in dogs and cats, including pain, behavior, epilepsy, brain neoplasia, spinal cord injury, neurodegenerative disease, and aging. Our faculty also collaborate closely with research and clinical groups across the Research Triangle in North Carolina (Duke University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and local industry) and receive support from the Clinical Studies Core of the Comparative Medicine Institute to complete clinical trials. There are additional opportunities for collaborations with our Colleges of Engineering, Sciences, and Agriculture and Life Sciences. NC State provides strong research support through its genomics, bioinformatics, flow cytometry, and microscopy core facilities.
This position receives full state salary support (12 month) from the College of Veterinary Medicine and NC State University.
Interested candidates must submit the following documents to https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/138964:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two-page statement of future research plans
- One-page diversity statement describing how the candidate will foster an environment that enhances equity and benefits from the diversity of all individuals.
- Cover letter describing qualifications and past accomplishments relevant to the position
- Contact information of three references
A comprehensive review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Earliest start date is April 2021. Questions may be directed to the Chair of the search committee, Dr. Beth Lucas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- College of Veterinary Medicine: https://cvm.ncsu.edu/
- Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences: https://cvm.ncsu.edu/research/departments/mbs/
- Neurosciences at NC State: https://research.ncsu.edu/neurosciences/
- Comparative Medicine Institute: https://research.ncsu.edu/cmi/
- Center for Human Health and the Environment: https://chhe.research.ncsu.edu/
- Kenan Institute for Engineering Technology and Science: https://kenan.ncsu.edu/
- Molecular Education, Technology and Research Innovation Center: https://research.ncsu.edu/metric/
- Bioinformatics Research Center: https://brc.ncsu.edu/
- Cellular and Molecular Imaging Facility: https://research.ncsu.edu/cmif/
- Genomics Sciences Laboratory: https://research.ncsu.edu/gsl/
- Flow Cytometry Core: https://cvm.ncsu.edu/research/labs/flow-cytometry-and-cell-sorting-laboratory/