A NIH-funded postdoctoral position is immediately available to join the Scaraffia research group in the Department of Tropical Medicine at Tulane University.
Scaraffia´s lab is particularly interested in unraveling the physiological, biochemical, and molecular basis underlying the regulation of nitrogen and carbon metabolism in mosquitoes, as well as in discovering new metabolic targets that can be used for the design of better mosquito–control strategies. The successful candidate will apply traditional and modern biochemical approaches to investigate the mechanistic regulation of ammonia metabolism in Aedes aegypti mosquitoes.
• PhD degree in biochemistry or related discipline with a strong background in protein biochemistry, and metabolic signaling
• Research experience in metabolic studies
• Documented experience in biochemical techniques including western blotting, immunoprecipitation and immunofluorescence microscopy
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Submit a single PDF file to email@example.com with the subject Postdoc Application and include:
(1) a cover letter describing research interests, (no more than 1 page);
(2) your curriculum vitae; and
(3) contact information for three references.
Apply for Postdoctoral Position
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly