Scientist Biochemistry/Assay Development
ADRx is a privately funded preclinical stage biotechnology company located in Thousand Oaks, California. The ADRx team has developed ADvantage, a novel drug discovery technology platform that leverages our deep understanding of protein structure, aggregation and function. ADRx has employed its ADvantage technology to develop therapeutics to address unmet medical needs in neurodegenerative diseases, cancer, and systemic amyloidosis.
ADRx seeks a outstanding scientist to join our research team engaged in the discovery of therapeutics for diseases of protein misfolding. Experience in biochemistry and a broad knowledge of biophysical methods for the characterization of proteins, protein-protein interactions, protein-small molecule interactions, and assay development is required. Candidates with additional experience in structural biology, and computational biology are desired. Candidates with a background in neurodegenerative diseases and oncology are preferred.
The Scientist will be a strong individual contributor and team player. The successful candidate will be lab-based and have primary responsibility for evaluating therapeutic candidates and verifying their mechanism of action.
The duties of the job include experimental design and execution, data analysis and interpretation, & problem solving. Strong Verbal and written skills are needed with a routine requirement to share scientific findings with the team. The candidate will have an important role in the generation of key datasets that enable the discovery research programs.
A flexible attitude and approach to work and a sense of fascination about science are key attributes in this start-up company.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Expression and purification of proteins and protein complexes
- Design and develop novel assays to characterize proteins and protein-interactions
- Utilization and upkeep of high throughput liquid handling and analytical instrumentation
- Direct experience with structure-activity relationship analysis of drug candidates
- Work independently and within a multidisciplinary team to further understanding of biology for drug candidates
- Detailed record keeping of experiments
- Working with and supervising junior staff
- Doctorate degree, with 3+ years of additional relevant scientific experience OR
- Master’s degree & 7+ years of additional relevant scientific experience
- Evidence of independent scientific ability (e.g., post-doctoral training), a track record of scientific accomplishments
- Expertise in various techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Knowledge in protein structures
- Experience in computational structural biology
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
ADRx is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Apply now by using the 'Apply' button.