Director, Global Compliance Monitoring
Director, Global Compliance Monitoring
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
We are seeking a Director, Global Compliance Monitoring, reporting to the Global Head of Compliance Monitoring, Global Compliance, to assist in enhancing and operating Gilead's healthcare compliance program.
Essential Duties and Job Functions
This individual will support the Global Head of Compliance Monitoring in leading to company's efforts to ensure effective monitoring and oversight of the company's business activities to ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and policies, with primary responsibility for managing healthcare compliance monitoring for the ACE (Australia & New Zealand, Canada and Europe) region. Such monitoring and oversight activity will include data analytics and risk-based sampling to identify potential areas of concern, observation at various activities and events, and support of potential investigations and complaints. The individual will be primarily responsible for developing and executing monitoring activities for the company's international headquarters, and for affiliates within ACE will provide a monitoring framework, substantive direction and oversight to in-country Transparency & Monitoring Specialists who are responsible for implementing monitoring within country.
The individual will work closely with colleagues within the Global Compliance organization and across different functions, including key partners as IT, Commercial, Medical Affairs, Public Affairs, Government Affairs, Finance and Clinical, among others, in order to leverage information from relevant systems in identifying and addressing potential compliance-related issues.
The individual will have primary responsibility for ensuring the rigorous operation of the company's healthcare compliance monitoring within the ACE region, addressing gaps and ensuring broad adoption of best practices, while also supporting the broader global healthcare compliance monitoring program. A key goal of this position is to help drive innovation and consistency in our approach to compliance-related monitoring in the US and across key headquarters functions, and ensure Gilead and industry best practices are shared and adopted across geographies and functions.
Key responsibilities also include the following:
- Support Global Compliance Monitoring Head in partnering with colleagues across Legal, including International Legal and Global Therapeutic Area Legal teams, and various business functions to develop and align on a multi-faceted monitoring strategy for activities, including the use of data analytics, robotics, and artificial intelligence from relevant systems and platforms, live observation of various activities and events, and other risk-based strategies.
- Drive the timely development and propagation of ongoing enhancements to the company's healthcare compliance monitoring program, including across the ACE region, including development of an annual ACE-focused monitoring plan informed by an annual risk assessment exercise, and support the execution of the plan, including analysis of key activities, identification of issues, anomalies and areas of potential non-compliance, and tracking of appropriate resolution.
- Collaborate with other ACE-based and Global Compliance colleagues, the Compliance Leadership Team, and various business functions to ensure timely and appropriate action is taken to address potential risks and issues identified through periodic risk assessments and compliance monitoring.
- Collaborate with the Compliance Systems and Transparency team and IT to support the evolution of the company's compliance-related systems in order to automate further the capture of relevant information and facilitate the use of data analytics, robotics and artificial intelligence algorithms to identify and monitor business activity.
- Capture and report compliance-related metrics obtained through monitoring.
- Partner with other Legal and Compliance colleagues, and various business functions including in the ACE region to ensure understanding of these stakeholders' strategic vision and initiatives, and identify ways of conducting appropriate monitoring to support operational excellence in both business activity and compliance.
- Partner with various business functions in the US to explore ways in which monitoring-related data may be used to support business strategy and objectives in a compliant manner.
- Partner with various business functions, including in the ACE region, to understand new and emerging business trends. Collaborate with compliance colleagues and business functions to design appropriate monitoring plans of new and emerging business trends.
- Support various business functions, including in the ACE region, in designing business-led monitoring approaches of higher risk activities and third parties.
- Use broad strategic thinking to analyze the characteristics of the legal, enforcement, and business environment, and identify methods of adapting monitoring to meet those characteristics.
- Foster an energizing work environment where employees have impact on our patient-centric mission and can grow their careers. Enables robust development and succession planning within the healthcare compliance program. Inputs to talent management, strategic resourcing and succession processes.
- Connect other departments of Legal across the company concerning compliance-related data capture systems (e.g., International Legal, Global Therapeutic Area Legal, Data Privacy, Litigation & Investigations, Intellectual Property, Legal Operations).
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
Gilead is looking for an experienced leader from the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry with proven cultural adaptability across geographies. Ideally the successful candidate will have gained exposure to working within a multi-national organization with a US-based headquarters. The candidate must have a strong background and exposure to compliance-related systems.
Detailed requirements include:
- Significant relevant prior pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry experience, including extensive professional experience advising on anti-kickback/anti-bribery laws and other compliance mandates.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree (such as JD/MA/MS/MBA) or other similar certification preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Able to exercise judgment and propose courses of action where precedent may not exist.
- In-depth understanding of business objectives and how those translate into healthcare compliance priorities to deliver advice and guidance to the business.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, an inquisitive mind, and the ability to work effectively in a global, matrixed organisation with multiple functions, together with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Experience with systems and structures that facilitate an efficient and effective compliance program.
- Experience, confidence, resilience and gravitas to work with senior Executives and able to establish rapport with key stakeholders and client.
- Managerial experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as an empowering leader yet be hands-on when necessary. Consistently retains a sense of the bigger picture.'
- Ability to travel within the ACE region.
Personal Competencies/ Behaviours
The ideal candidate will be solutions- and results-orientated. S/he will display personal and professional maturity and have a strong work ethic and personal integrity.
- Proven leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, inspire, champion change, and drive innovative thinking
- Collaborative, team player that leads by example
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to see the big picture, and to formulate and execute strategy
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to network, engage and partner with other functions, and establish positive relationships
- Strong judgment with proven ability to identify to implement solutions
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to execute through others
- Proven analytical skills and sound judgment
- Practical approach to problem-solving
- Consistently demonstrate and adhere to Gilead's Core Values and create and inspire a team culture committed to the same
Gilead Core Values Additional Section
- Integrity (always doing the right thing)
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith)
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility)
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Director--Global-Compliance-Monitoring_R0016825-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency