Senior Director, Global Value and Access Intercontinental Region
Senior Director, Global Value and Access Intercontinental Region
United Kingdom - Uxbridge
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the VP, Global Value and Access, (with functional reporting to SVP, Intercontinental) this role will:
- Develop above-TA and TA access strategy and pricing positions and principles for the Intercontinental region (Asia5- Middle East-Russia- Latam), in alignment with global and enterprise principles
- Focus on specific access strategies for priority brands in ICR's MICs including exploration of innovative models
- Horizon scanning & key trends - staying abreast of key regional access, reimbursement and pricing trends
- Provide ICR voice and input to product specific and above-asset global strategy
- Understand and assess interdependencies and implications of access and pricing decisions outside of ICR (including GPS markets)
- ICR stakeholder engagement - define and execute on opportunities to increase access in prioritized ICR markets, on an above-asset level, including partnerships with governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and/or other companies.
- Build V&A stakeholder engagement priorities and plans across key markets, consistent engagement timelines and messaging
- Provide ICR interaction objectives and tools to support communication with external stakeholders and monitor stakeholder engagement activities.
- Maintain a network of external relationships with relevant KEY external HTA/payer and policy experts.
- Coordinate with asset-specific stakeholder engagement activities with the V&A execution teams
- Build the value & access culture and best practice sharing within the region
- Coordinate planning and activities between GV&A and ICR leadership; participate on ICR leadership team
- Support the ICR V&A Execution team roll out of global indication strategies & initiatives
- Oversee the effective implementation of the V&A execution lead team and strengthen the channel of communication between functions and regions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to incorporate access considerations into market assessment and product positioning
- Monitor region pricing policies evolution and trends across key markets and outline implications for Gilead
- Work closely with the countries to develop robust business cases and secure harmony and alignment with the GPC governance
- Support new products introduction
- Partner with ICR Strategic planning, Medical and other functions in ensuring ICR is considerations are incorporated for new product access and launch readiness
- Identify actionable insights from the early payer and competitive research as needed to understand value perception, landscape, evolving trends and value drivers based on market research
- Work closely with the global and local V&A team on local HEOR evidence generation in alignment with global strategy
- Your ultimate benchmark will be the successful local execution of the global commercial V&A strategy across multiple non-core markets that maximizes the overall value of the asset and patient access across the product lifecycle
Key Gilead stakeholders: GV&A and ICR LT, GCPS, GMs and V&A leads in ICR
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
We're seeking a strategic, experienced commercial leader and market access expert with:
- Relevant commercial leadership experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry, including experience outside of market access function
- Experience with market access launch planning and execution, in particular in geographic areas outside of US, EU.
- Understanding of global payer environment as well as strategic pricing, contracting and negotiation
- A proven track record in cross-geography, cross-functional collaboration and as a business partner with multiple stakeholders, directly contributing to teams to achieve overall objectives
- Very strong facilitation and counseling skills, particularly with individuals from diverse work cultures
- Highly resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, operational rigor and project management capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences
- B.A. or B.S. required, MBA and/or advanced degree in life sciences or medical degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---Uxbridge/Senior-Director--Global-Value-and-Access--Intercontinental-Region_R0016407-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency