Team Lead, Distribution
Team Lead, Distribution
Ireland - Dublin
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- To support the Freight and Distribution Manager to achieve the required performance targets as set out by the GSIUC strategic goals.
- Interacting and liaising with the Supply Chain teams locally and internationally to prioritise orders and to provide a best in class service.
- Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to provide monthly KPI reports to management including causal analysis of unfavorable variances and corrective action plans as per GSIUC strategic targets and as agreed with the Distribution Centres Manager.
- Ensure GDP compliance by the transportation providers to Gilead SOPs, relating to the transportation of products, and any other legal or Regulatory requirements.
- Through policy and procedure improvement/changes, develop inventory processes to minimise risk and improve compliance in the Distribution centre In Line with GMP&GDP requirements.
- Managing process and material flows, space management, to maximise utilisation of the Distribution centre.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Gilead's Quality policy, Quality management system and the appropriate regulations for the area they support
- Maintaining best in class housekeeping policies within the Distribution centre using the 5S principles and methodologies.
- People management - supervision of the Distribution centre team to ensure that all customers (both internal and external) requirements are serviced in line with expectations. This will be achieved through the application of an empowering style of leadership which draws fully on resources and capabilities of the team coupled with a positive employee relations approach.
- Support the Freight and Distribution Manager in managing the communications and periodic reviews with all staff members, ensuring all performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner.
- Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to facilitate open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line.
- Support the Freight and Distribution Manager to execute the training program to ensure the direct team are supported regarding provision of training to enable a right first-time approach to all activities.
- Support the Freight and Distribution Manager in administration duties which include time and attendance system, Holiday planning, and succession planning.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science / Engineering / People Management or relevant qualification.
- Relevant experience in a Team Lead capacity in a GMP/GDP focused Distribution centre. Previous experience in pharmaceutical environment is essential.
- Strong knowledge of GMP/GDP/FDA regulatory requirements, Quality managements systems, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
- Previous experience or working knowledge of the Lean principles and methodologies would be an distinct advantage.
- Building and managing partnerships cross functionally.
- Strong knowledge of the logistics and distribution industry including an awareness of relevant legislation.
- Strong analytical skills to analyse and interpret challenging business situations and determine strategy.
- Strong leadership, decision-making and influencing skills to drive results and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work on own initiative, innovate and review current processes and practices.
- Proficient and experienced with SAP, WMS / IM and TMS systems in general.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications is essentials.
- An understanding and knowledge of business disciplines (supply chain management, supply network planning, demand planning.
- Knowledge of validation an advantage.
- Previous experience of working within a Known Consignor and AEO approved warehouse.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Ireland---Dublin/Team-Lead--Distribution_R0016277
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency