Manager, Finance - FP&A
Manager, Finance - FP&A
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
About usGilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Being here matters. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Finance Manager, Commercial FP&A, Liver and Cardiopulmonary (L&CP) BU Specific Responsibilities & Skills:The Finance Manager will be responsible for providing support to the US Commercial organization and specifically partnering with the L&CP (Liver and Cardiopulmonary) Business Unit for Expense analysis and consolidation. This role reports into the Senior Finance Director for the L&CP BU and will be part of the US Commercial FP&A team. The role will also provide ad-hoc revenue support as needed. Success in this role will require the ability to cultivate an effective business partnership between the Commercial functional areas and Finance. The Finance Manager will be viewed as a key business partner - a go to person for financial analysis, insight, and counsel. This person will be responsible for demonstrating strong communication, influencing and strategic thinking skills that will drive value to the business.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Support the annual operational forecasts and the 3-year Forecast for the L&CP business, providing recommendations and business driven scenario analyses.
- Develop a strong understanding of all the key performance drivers and issues relating to budget, actual results & forecast updates. Incorporate understanding into quantitative and qualitative analysis of the business' financial results including variances. Ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers are understood and highlighted.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close process for marketing expense and oversee expense consolidation. This includes expense accruals, management reporting, and budget vs. actual variance analysis.
- Proactively recommend process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our reporting and analysis
- Provide ad-hoc revenue support for the L&CP portfolio
- Results Orientation: The ideal candidate will be results-driven and must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The preferred candidate must have the ability to deliver results and possess a strong drive to meet and exceed goals and is willing to take ownership of problems and make sound decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Must have an inquisitive mind and the ability to work effectively with multiple functions.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and be perceived as a leader is required.
- Business Savvy and Financial Acumen: The candidate will possess technical knowledge on analytics, business foresight, and problem-solving skills.
- Change Leadership: The candidate will be an independent self-starter and a proactive leader with a drive to strive for continuous improvement and consistently challenging the status quo.
Knowledge, Experience & SkillsRequired:
- The preferred candidate will possess a minimum of 6+ years of experience, having held positions of increasing scope and responsibility.
- A BS or BA is required, and an MBA or CPA is preferred.
- In-depth proficiency in aspects of accounting and finance and knowledge of US GAAP is required.
- Revenue and commercial planning experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience in bio-tech or pharma is strongly preferred.
- In depth knowledge of US Healthcare Systems, Business Intelligence, Planning and ERP systems is preferred.
- Experience in high-growth, multi-national organization a plus.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Manager--Finance---FP-A_R0016393-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency