Director, Market Access & Reimbursement
Director, Market Access & Reimbursement
Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Reporting to the Senior Director, Market Access, the Director, Market Access & Reimbursement will be responsible to lead the Access Strategy (Public and Private) and Contracts and Compliance Managers in the development and implementation of the local Canadian Market Access Strategy (including pricing, reimbursement and patient access) for the Gilead product portfolio.
This leader must be able to work effectively across Gilead's commercial and R&D organizations with a focus on the company's late stage pipeline and commercial portfolio. You will ensure that access strategy across the portfolio supports product pricing and reimbursement objectives and will work in close collaboration with the commercial teams to ensure alignment on strategy and implementation. This individual will have demonstrated experience with the formulation of clear and compelling value propositions, demonstrated people leadership and demonstrated success navigating the pricing and reimbursement environment in Canada.
- Leads the team in developing and implementing pricing strategy related to Patented Medicines Prices Review Board (PMPRB) reviews and approvals.
- Develops local ex-factory and sub-WAC pricing proposals consistent with the global pricing strategy.
- Leads the development and implementation of the local Health Economics strategy and data generation to maximize the value of our products in alignment with the global plan.
- In collaboration with global and local colleagues, provide input into global plans to ensure delivery of health outcome data necessary for optimal reimbursement of products in Canada
- Provides strategic leadership to the development of local reimbursement dossiers for all payers (public and private).
- Leads the development and implementation of local product listing agreements (PLAs) with Canadian payors to maximize the value of our assets in an expedited manner.
- Develops and implements strategy lifecycle to ensure patient access to current and future brands.
- Develops and builds productive relationships with public and private payer decision makers
- Ensure development of product value messages and supporting materials for dissemination with key reimbursement stakeholders
- Track and appropriately influence HTA policy and provide relevant environmental trends and insights to Market Access team
- Manage the local Access Strategy and Contracts and Compliance team to ensure delivery of optimal performance and growth and development of staff.
- Builds productive relationships with colleagues in other Gilead functions and affiliates (US and EU).
- 12+ years of healthcare experience including a minimum of 2-3 years of market access experience within the Specialty Pharma/Biotech sector.
- Experience managing a high performing team including cross-functional teams or work groups
- Strategic thinking with the ability to formulate, develop and execute complex strategy
- Strong portfolio management skills and ability to objectively frame, analyze and resolve trade-offs between projects.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/ priorities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and facilitate consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines.
- Successful experience developing productive external relationships across academia, the public sector and private sector.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian pharmaceutical reimbursement and pricing issues, policies and trends.
- History of commercial or other cross-functional experience in the Pharma/Biotech sector an asset.
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA, MHA or a related field.
- Bilingual (English and French) written and verbal skills an asset.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Canada---Ontario---Mississauga/Director--Market-Access---Reimbursement_R0016247-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency