Senior Project Toxicologist, Nonclinical Safety and Pathobiology
Senior Project Toxicologist, Nonclinical Safety and Pathobiology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Foster City, California that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation.
Gilead's core values of integrity, inclusion, teamwork, excellence, and accountability shape our culture and are the foundation of our future success. Challenge yourself and make a difference in the world - Being Here Matters.
We are seeking a bright and enthusiastic senior toxicologist to complement our Nonclinical Safety (i.e. Toxicology) group. Gilead is a fast-paced, data-driven, scientifically rigorous organization, and the role will suit a scientist who is able to thrive in this type of environment.
The Senior Toxicologist works in a project team-based research structure to lead and collaborate with new and ongoing projects.
- Serves as a nonclinical safety development resource, working with other members of the department regarding strategy for nonclinical safety programs.
- Plays key role on cross functional teams - both Research and Development Project Teams where he/she is responsible for design, implementation, oversight and analysis of nonclinical programs to support drug development candidates across a variety of platforms.
- Writes and reviews regulatory documents to support global regulatory filings.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Reviews protocols, data and study reports ensuring presentation of data in report is accurate and supports the conclusions.
- Interprets and puts data into context with literature and project goals.
- Provides independent technical contributions.
- Actively supports the integration of early nonclinical safety strategies throughout Research.
- Potential to lead Non-Clinical Development sub-teams.
- Solves complex problems requiring thorough scientific assessment.
- Models behaviors that nurture a culture of innovation.
- May participate in and lead significant process improvement initiatives that may impact the department.
- Communicates effectively cross-functionally to accomplish company goals.
- Be a team player who thrives in a high speed environment where autonomy, accountability and innovation are critical for success.
- Strong knowledge and scientific expertise in subject area/discipline; familiar with other disciplines inside and/or outside of department
- Knowledge of nonclinical requirements to support research projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLPs.
- Knowledgeable of regulatory requirements, including ICH requirements and other regional requirements.
- Possesses a basic understanding of guidance that impacts drug development.
- Is sought out for advice by others within the department and related functional areas.
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Toxicology or a related scientific discipline with 5+ years of biopharmaceutical or CRO industry experience.
- Board certification is desirable.
- Demonstrable innovative, flexible and critical thinking skills and experience applied to hypothesis-driven nonclinical safety research.
- Strong motivation, independence, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary, matrix environment with minimal supervision.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-Project-Toxicologist--Nonclinical-Safety-and-Pathobiology_R0016721-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency