Senior People Technology Specialist II
Senior People Technology Specialist II
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Sr. People Technology Specialist
Gilead HR is embarking on a program of process improvement, identifying opportunities for streamlining the way we work, and putting in place technical solutions focusing on efficient workflow and optimal user experience. This is an amazing opportunity for a driven, Workday technical expert to join our team and help us champion solutions to scale the HR function.
We are seeking a Sr. System Specialist to join the People Technology team within HR, reporting to the Sr. Manager of People Technology. In this role, you will serve as a strong consultative partner to the Total Rewards team to provide global process excellence and technology solutions.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Analyze and solve complex business problems by applying in depth knowledge of HR process/program, analytical and project management skills
- Responsible for understanding business problems and requirements, creating user stories and delivering technology and process improvement results that meet the business needs
- Participate in Workday and other HR system implementations; responsibilities include gathering and translating business requirements to system requirements, performing system design and configurations, creating and conducting test plans, developing reports and providing post implementation support
- Participate in cross-functional HR technology projects and operations; responsibilities include troubleshooting data and system issues, recommending solutions and implementing enhancements and fixes in the systems
- Apply your HR business and program knowledge and expertise to continuously drive people, process and technology improvements
- Develop and maintain HR technology training materials and conduct in person or online training
- Maintain compliance with GDPR, OFCCP, and Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of data accessed during daily activities
- Support additional special projects as assigned
- Must have strong knowledge of the Performance lifecycle including goals, performance reviews, calibration, feedback. Experience with performance management process design and configuration
- End to end implementation experience including requirements documentation, systems configuration, testing, training and change management
- Possess basic understanding of business applications and IT integration capabilities/touchpoints to identify potential upstream and downstream impact and intersection point
- Self-motivated team player with solid time management and organization skills; ability to navigate through ambiguity and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies, applications, and solutions
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels within the company
- Ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities in a fast pace dynamic environment;
- Proven detail oriented and analytical skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Minimum 7 years of business analyst and relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of Workday functional experience (configurations, security, custom reports, EIB)
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with Workday Performance, Compensation/Advanced Compensation and Core configurations
- Experience in working for a Biopharma and / or global corporation.
- Experience with Agile methodology
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Senior-People-Technology-Specialist-II_R0016690-2
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency