Post-Doctoral Research Associate
The Choudhury lab research interest focuses on the epigenetic biomarker and regulation (molecular biology-pharmacology) in metabolic diseases and pregnancy complications. The candidate will work with a vibrant and collaborative group of scientists in direct interaction/collaboration with other well-known scientists in USA and globally.
Lab Website: https://pharmacy.tamu.edu/labs/choudhury/
PhD degree in molecular biology, endocrinology, or related biological area. Ideal candidates should have good bench research training, and mouse model experience (preferred), and experience in epigenetics and metabolic diseases would be advantage. The qualified candidate should also have strong written and oral communication skills. The starting date (Target early 2021) can be negotiated.
If interested, please email Dr. Mahua Choudhury with CV ( DRMC@TAMU.EDU)
- Appropriate PhD
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Solid experience in at least one or several of these disciplines that includes stem cell, microrna, lncrna, histone, methylation, molecular and cell biology, epigenetics, mouse model, and bioinformatics skills.
- Research experience in metabolic disorders specifically diabetes and obesity is preferred.
- A significant publication record in high impact journals and an independency in running projects.
- Experience working with diverse individuals and communities.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated
- Good computer literacy including data-bases, standard software platforms, spread sheets and statistical analysis.
- Successfully conduct and perform specified experiments and techniques
- Maintain electronic data base with experimental protocols and laboratory procedures: power point presentations
- Assist with development and implementation of new experimental procedures
- Manage overall operations of research laboratory
- Order and maintain inventories of laboratory supplies, instruments, and basic equipment as needed;
- Other duties as required