High level Talent Introduction Plan of Nanchang University
High level Talent Introduction Plan of Nanchang University
It is located in the tourist resort-- Jiangxi, surrounded by mountains and lakes, where the state leaders praised that "Crossing these blue hills adds nothing to one's years, the landscape here is beyond compare.";
It is located in Nanchang, a famous national historical and cultural city. Wang Bo, one of the Four Great Poets of Early Tang Dynasty, called it "God-blessed land rich in culture and for nurturing talented people";
It is a well-known institution of higher learning in China, established in 1921, after years of ups and downs and historical changes, it is about to celebrate its centenary;
It is a university co-constructed by the Ministry of Education and Jiangxi province, a key national "211 Project" university, and one the first batch of universities listed in National “Double First-Class” Initiative.
That is Nanchang University (NCU) , who always devoted to the motto "Seek strength from truth, foster virtue through education”.
The history of NCU dates from Jiangxi Public Medical College and National Chung-cheng University, which were founded in 1921 and 1940 respectively. In 1993, Jiangxi University merged with Jiangxi Industrial University into Nanchang University. In 2005, NCU and Jiangxi Medical College merged to form the new NCU, unveiling it a new page of reform and development.
The year of 2021 marks its 100th anniversary. Now NCU provides an excellent platform for aspiring people to realize their ambitions!
Firstly listed in the “Double First-Class” Initiative, with strong developing momentum
The subjects of Chemistry, Clinical Medicine, Agricultural Science (mainly food science and engineering), Engineering, Materials Science, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Biology and Biochemistry have entered top 1% of the ESI world rankings, of which Agricultural Science (mainly food science and engineering) ranks the top 1.3‰, the Clinical medicine ranks the top 2.85‰ , and the Chemistry ranks the top 3.64‰. In the 4th round of national subject evaluation, the subject of Food Science and Engineering ranks in the 3rd place in China.
Full Construction in Subjects, with remarkable innovative achievements
NCU now has 96 undergraduate majors with 12 subjects categories, 3 national key (cultivation) disciplines, 15 first-level subjects with doctor’s degree authorization, 47 first-level subjects with master’s degree authorization, 1 professional doctoral degree category and 28 master’s professional degree category and 11 postdoctoral scientific research stations. NCU also has 5 directly affiliated hospitals and a total of 9 national key clinical disciplines.
Nanchang University has achieved a number of original and distinctive breakthrough scientific research results with increasing collaborative innovation competence. The project of "High optical efficiency GaN based blue LED on silicon substrate" by the academician JIANG Fengyi team won the only first prize of the National Technology Invention Awards in 2015. This is the first 1st prize won by a local university since its establishment. This remarkable achievement excellently boosts Jiangxi province to build "Nanchang Optics Valley".
All round Education, with numerous top talent
Distinguished talent of Nanchang University include many well-known people such as academicians of the two Academies, business elites, and cultural and artistic celebrities. Representative well-known scientists like academicians are Pan Jiluan, Qiu Dingfan, Zhong Denghua, Ding Jian, Huang Kezhi, Chen Yeguang, Zheng Quanshui, etc. Our alumnus Professor Chen Zhangxing has been elected as an academician of the Canadian Academy of Engineering. Famous scientists such as Rao Yi, Guan Yi, Shi Suhua, Luo Xiaonan, Yao Xuebiao, Zhu Weiguo, Han Zhongchao are all alumni of Nanchang University. They are well-known for outstanding achievements in their research fields.
New era and new journey, with centurial new blueprint
Standing in the new era, Nanchang University put people cultivation at the first place, and strives to start a new journey of high-level university construction, aiming to promote school management, serve our country and people, and create a new advance of "people-oriented, innovation in the lead, joint construction as driving force, reform and tackle tough problems to rejuvenate the school and fight for the first-class" in all fronts. At present, when we embark on this hard journey to build a high-level university, Nanchang University is ready and has prepared various job vacancies and competitive fringe benefits to look forward to your joining!
Talent Introduction Policy
1. Generous Rewards for High-level Talent
- Who we need: Has greatly strong academic leadership, obtained pioneering results or outstanding academic contributions recognized by domestic and foreign counterparts in the field; has rich experience in organizing and planning major scientific research projects, and has mastered overall coordination in the research on major strategic issues of economic and social development. Strategic planning ability for discipline construction and scientific research, able to lead relevant discipline groups to maintain or overtake the domestic leading and international top level.
- What we offer: Pre-tax annual salary of 1.8-2 million yuan, house purchase subsidies and resettlement expenses no less than 5 million yuan, scientific research subsidies negotiable for each one person, flexible working environment, academic team and scientific research assistants.
- Who we need: Has strong academic leadership, obtained pioneering results or fairly good academic contributions recognized by domestic and foreign counterparts in the field; active-minded, has potential to be academic leaders in the field and has creative plan for discipline construction, able to lead relevant discipline groups to precede in China, and strive for the domestic leading and international top level.
- What we offer: Pre-tax annual salary of 800 thousand-1.2 million yuan, house purchase subsidies and resettlement expenses no less than 1.8 million yuan, scientific research subsidies negotiable for each one person, flexible working environment, academic team and scientific research assistants.
- Who we need: Has strong sense of teamwork, achieved important results in the discipline (major), has academic competitiveness and great development potential; has promising plan for the discipline development, and innovative ideas for discipline construction and academic research.
- What we offer: Pre-tax annual salary of 500-800 thousand yuan, house purchase subsidies and resettlement expenses 1-1.8 million yuan, scientific research subsidies negotiable for each one person.
- Who we need: Has strong academic ability and influential representative achievements in the discipline; has great potential and innovative ideas for discipline construction, may support the discipline to develop and take in the lead in China.
- What we offer: Pre-tax annual salary of 300-500 thousand yuan; house purchase subsidies and resettlement expenses 500 thousand-1 million yuan; scientific research subsidies negotiable for each one person.
2. Other benefits
1. In addition to the mentioned treatment, NCU also provides a talent temporary apartment and job opportunity for spouse, in case which is not available a one-time living allowance will be provided; One-stop high-quality education from elementary school to high school for children and high-quality medical services from the school’s Grade A Tertiary affiliated hospitals.
2. Nanchang Municipal Talent Support Policy: One-time living allowance of 50,000 yuan for employment, settlement, renting, etc.；house purchase subsidy of 100,000 yuan for full-time doctoral students; 1,000 yuan settlement rewards for the first relocation of household registration to Nanchang (including collective household registration) .
5 Faculties with multiple subjects
Faculty of Humanities
Subjects: Chinese Language and Literature, Foreign Language and Literature, Journalism and Communication
Faculty of Humanities encompasses 4 schools including School of Humanities, School of Journalism and Communication, School of Foreign Languages, and School of Art and Design; among which, Philosophy, Chinese Language and Literature, and Journalism and Communication have been selected as first-level disciplines on the public list of doctoral degree programs; NCU Humanity has 1 key research base of humanities and social sciences under the Ministry of Education, 1 national ministry (bureau) research base, and 5 key research bases of philosophy and social sciences in Jiangxi Province.
Faculty of Social Science
Subjects: Law, Applied Economics, Theoretical Economics, Sociology, Politics, Management Science and Engineering, Tourism Management, Exhibition Economy and Management, Hotel Management, Marxist Theory
Faculty of Social Sciences encompasses 7 schools including Law School, School of Public Administration, School of Marxism, School of Economics and Management, School of Tourism, School of Physical Education, School of Management. The school has 2 first-level doctoral programs of Marxist theory, management science and engineering, and 5 second-level doctoral programs.
Faculty of Science and Engineering (Division I)
Subjects: Luminescent Materials and Devices, Ferroelectric Materials and Chemistry, Space Science and Technology, Energy Materials and Devices, Ultra-high Temperature Materials and Equipment, Information Materials and Devices, Rare Earth Materials, Basic Mathematics, Computational Mathematics, Condensed Matter Physics, Plasma Physics, Optics, Synthesis and Catalysis, Intelligent Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Shaping and Control, Information and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Technology, Electrical Engineering, Intelligent Technology and Big Data, Software Engineering, Cyber Security, etc.
Faculty of Science and Engineering(Division I) encompasses 6 schools including School of Materials Science and Engineering, School of Science, School of Chemistry, School of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering, School of Information Engineering, School of Software. The discipline of materials science and engineering has been included in the National“Double First-Class”Initiative List.
Faculty of Science and Engineering (Division II)
Subjects: Food Science and Engineering, Biology, Botany, Ecology, Aquaculture, Environmental Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Technology, Process Equipment and Control Engineering, Resource Cycle Science and Engineering, Mechanics
Faculty of Science and Engineering(Division II) encompasses 4 schools including School of Food Science, School of Life Sciences, School of Resources, Environment and Chemical Engineering, and School of Architecture Engineering. In the 4th round of national subject evaluation, the subject of Food Science and Engineering ranks in the 3rd place in the country.
Faculty of Medicine
Subjects: Basic Medicine, Clinical Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, etc.
NCU Medicine has research areas of basic medicine, clinical medicine, pharmacy, nursing, public health and preventive medicine. There are 13 schools(colleges), 2 centers; 3 first-level doctoral programs. Clinical medicine ranks in the ESI top 3.5‰, and 2 disciplines including pharmacology and toxicology, biology and biochemistry ranks in the ESI top 1%.
NCU Research Platform Introduction：
1. Applicants may log on to the recruitment system of Nanchang University Personnel Office http://zpjob.acabridge.cn/school/526 (Acabridge) to select the position and apply;
2. Those who pass the school primary selection, will be contacted to fill in the application form, and provide materials such as representative academic achievements, recommendation letters and in the end communicate with the school.
Contact: Mr. Yang, Mr. Chen
Address: No. 999 Xuefu Avenue, Honggutan New District, Nanchang, Jiangxi Province
See School Contact in Support Document