The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology currently has an outstanding long-term job opportunity for a full-time Research Associate in the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (REI). Dr. Yu’s lab is investigating ovarian physiology and pathology, as well as embryo development using cellular and molecular technologies. The clinical applications of our research spans from ovarian cancer etiology to preimplantation genetic testing. We use human samples collected from patients, mouse models, and cultured cells. Our group collaborates with multiple departments at Stanford.
A candidate is sought who is excellent with hands-on work, self-motivated, and collaborative. The individual will contribute to all aspects of ongoing research projects including collecting samples, conducting experiments, reviewing literature, preparing interpretation and summaries of results, participating in conferences, and lab management duties.
· Lab management: biosafety, ordering and maintenance of laboratory supplies and equipment, training incoming students and other trainees
· Human and/or mouse sample collection
· 2D and 3D cell culture
· Sequencing library preparation
· DNA and RNA extraction and quantification
· Quantitative PCR
· Other Cellular and molecular biology techniques
· B.S., M.S., or PhD in biological science or technology and a minimum of two years of research laboratory experience.
· Prior experience with cell culture, cellular and molecular biology, and mouse handling is required.
· Ability to work independently
Please e-mail your CV, Three references and a letter containing description of your scientific work.