The Wellstat Group of Companies is dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of treatments for patients in the fields of oncology, metabolic, neurometabolic and neurodegenerative diseases; biological agents that meet the challenges of cancer; and therapies for major sight-threatening diseases.
Associate Scientist/Scientist for Upstream Process Development
Wellstat Biologics is seeking an Associate Scientist/Scientist to join the team. The candidate will participate in research and development of a novel oncolytic virus for the treatment of cancer. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for upstream process development of the oncolytic virus production. The ideal candidate should have expertise and hands-on experience in enveloped virus production and characterization. The candidate’s responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Participating in designing process development for the oncolytic virus production
- Optimizing cell culturing conditions for the virus production
- Performing plaque assays for virus tittering
- Optimizing and Performing Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration (UF/DF) on virus-containing cell culture medium
- Collaborating with downstream process development for the oncolytic virus purification
- Characterization of the purified oncolytic virus
- Summarizing and analyzing data and writing scientific reports
The candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills and be able to independently perform experiments under limited supervision. The candidate should have a strong background in Virology. The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years’ relevant experience, a Master’s Degree and 5 years’ relevant experience, or a Ph.D. and 3 years’ relevant experience.
Wellstat Biologics Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Submit your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.