Postdoctoral Fellow- SMAB
T.T. and W.F Chao Center for BRAIN, Houston Methodist Hospital is located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the nation.
The Postdoctoral Fellow in Neurodegeneration at the Chao Center for BRAIN performs translational research duties under the supervision/direction of the Center Director. The preferred candidate will have experience in one or more of the following: Alzheimer’s disease or related disease models (cell-based models and mouse models), neuroanatomy, assay development, or molecular biology. Selected Postdoc will learn emerging methods and technology in systems biology, bioinformatics, multi-omics analysis, cell-cell communication, drug repositioning, cellular and tissue imaging, and high content drug screening, intravital imaging, in vivo animal imaging and work in a team science environment.
Application submissions should include: CV, names of three references, and a cover letter describing research interest and background.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigates cell-cell communication in the neurodegeneration/Alzheimer’s Disease brain in mice and humans. (EF)
- Develops research methods and performs research activities in better mechanistic understanding and potential treatment strategies of Alzheimer’s Disease and related disorders. (EF)
- Documents research results and writes reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals and other publications. (EF)
- Assists in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator’s laboratory. (EF)
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values. (EF)
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace. (EF)
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
Experience requirements will vary depending on the field of research.
Postdoctoral Fellow 0– no Postdoc experience required
Postdoctoral Fellow 1– one year of Postdoc experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 2 – two years of experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 3 – three years of postdoc experience
Postdoctoral Fellow 4 – four years of postdoc experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience in biomedical research required.
Research laboratory environment.
Research laboratory environment