Postdoctoral Research Associate- Cancer metabolism –Kim Lab
Postdoctoral Research Associate- Cancer metabolism -Kim Lab
A postdoctoral research associate/ research assistant professor position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Jiyeon Kim in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics in the College of Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago. We are interested in metabolic vulnerabilities in lung cancer and relationship between certain mutations and metabolic reprogramming, with focus on both nitrogen metabolism and central carbon metabolism.
Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- individuals with curious and passionate mind with a Ph.D. (or Ph.D. candidates) in biology, biochemistry, cancer biology,
- first author publications in high impact journals,
- excellent writing and oral communication skills
- previous experiences in mammalian cell culture, cell biology assays (WB, FACS, IF, cloning), mouse xenograft are required.
- experiences in mouse genetics, metabolic assays (stable isotope labeling experiments, metabolomics) are preferred but not a must.
To apply, please send by February 1, 2021:
- Cover letter that describes what you did, career interests, and your motivation to apply
- Professional CV
- Contact information for three references to Jiyeon Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jiyeon Kim, Ph.D. Assistant Professor
Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics College of Medicine
University of Illinois at Chicago
900 S. Ashland Ave. (MBRB) Rm. 1262
UIC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University of Illinois conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899