Senior Research Scientist
Position: Senior Research Scientist
About CVPath Institute:
CVPath Institute (www.cvpath.org) is a leading medical research and education organization located in the Washington DC metropolitan area, dedicated to improving patient health management for those suffering from cardiac and vascular diseases. Established in 2005 as a not-for-profit organization under section 501(c)(3), our mission is to conduct basic and translational “bench to bedside” research. We provide consultation, histology, and diagnostic services to promote discoveries that advance the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Additionally, the institution codifies one of the largest and most comprehensive repositories of diseased human tissue and makes it available for investigative studies and teaching.
Description of Job:
CVPath currently seeks a Senior Research Scientist to professionally applies the theories, principles, and practices of medical technology in the performance of routine and/or special technical procedures in one or more of the following areas: molecular biology, biomedical engineering, or cell culture in the cardiovascular research field.
- Supervises and directs research scientists, fellows, and research assistants performing research projects.
- Manages and processes submitted tissue specimens. Collects blood and tissue specimens for CVPath’s tissue repository.
- Performs prosection of tissue specimens and completes tissue extraction and preservation.
- Performs molecular, cell culture or biomechanical research.
- Assists and carries out independent research projects.
- Participates in biomarker and assay development for research.
- May provide molecular and pharmacogenomics services, including nucleic acid extraction, genotyping, sequencing, gene and protein expression
- Prepares grants and participates in funded research as an Investigator.
- Writes reports for animal and human research and pre-clinical studies.
- Ph.D. degree in the medical or biological field.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 5 years in molecular research
- Experienced in writing grant proposals
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy, medical terminology, tissue and organ morphology, and cardiovascular pathology.
- Attention to detail and the ability to plan and coordinate large projects.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory working conditions.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Training in GLP protocols is preferred but not required.
Salary: Salary commensurate with the level of experience with generous benefit plans (health insurance and retirement contribution).
Contact: Please submit your C.V. to or contact Dr. Aloke Finn (email@example.com) for more information.
Apply for Senior Research Scientist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly