ApoE Neuroscience Postdoctoral Position-Krogan Lab at the Gladstone Institutes
The lab of Dr. Nevan Krogan at The Gladstone Institutes and UCSF (https://apptrkr.com/2082476) is seeking an independent and creative researcher for a postdoc position at the Gladstone Institutes to study the role of Apolipoprotein E4 in neuropathologic mechanisms.
The Krogan lab has pioneered a systems biology approach, which combines proteomics and functional genomics to unravel mechanisms of disease and discover novel putative therapeutic targets. Historically, we have successfully applied our approach to infectious diseases to reveal host-pathogen interactions of various pathogens, e.g. HIV, Ebola, ZIKA, Tuberculosis and recently SARS-CoV-2, to name a few. Excitingly, we have recently expanded our disease-agnostic systems biology platform to neurologic disorders. Our current projects in the neuro space include mechanisms of Tauopathies (Alzheimer’s Disease, Frontotemporal Dementia), Pain, and our Psychiatric Cell Mapping Initiative (PCMI) (https://pcmi.ucsf.edu/), which aims to systematically map the physical and genetic interaction networks underlying ASD, Tourette, epilepsy, schizophrenia and other neuropsychiatric disorders. Our projects leverage a wide array of experimental approaches with a collaborative infrastructure necessary for long-term investigation that includes a team of geneticists, structural biologists, neurobiologists, systems biologists, and clinicians. To add relevant expertise to our lab, we are seeking a highly motivated neuroscientists with an interest in systems biology and the desire to contribute to a collaborative and fun environment. As part of our efforts aimed to understand the role of ApoE4 in neurodegenerative disease, you will combine comprehensive proteomics, genetic editing, and pathway analysis to gain new insights into disease states and identify novel therapeutic targets.
● Ph.D. in neuroscience, stem cell biology, or a related field.
● Expertise with human iPSC maintenance and differentiation to neural cells.
● Experience in Neuroscience.
● Experience with cell/molecular biology and biochemistry techniques (e.g. cell cultures of mammalian cells, molecular cloning, transfection/transduction, protein purification, western blotting).
● Record of publication in peer-reviewed journal(s).
● Excellent problem-solving skills including critical and analytical thinking.
● Excellent communication, leadership, and project management skills.
● Ability to independently design and execute experiments, interpret data, and identify appropriate follow-up strategies.
● Ability to thrive in a multidisciplinary, collaborative environment.
● Desire to learn unbiased proteomics and CRISPR-based functional genomics approaches.
● Highly motivated, curious and detail-oriented scientist.
● Experience with immunofluorescence, microscopy and imaging.
● Experience with CRISPR or siRNA-based functional genomics approaches.
● Background in neuropsychiatric, neurodevelopmental or neurodegenerative diseases.
Apply by sending the following to Kirsten Obernier (Kirsten.email@example.com), Associate Science Director to Professor Nevan Krogan:
• Current CV
• Cover Letter
• Two Reference Contacts
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Apply for Postdoctoral Position
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly