Multiple Positions Open in The Department of History of Science, Technology and Medicine, PKU
The Department of History of Science, Technology and Medicine (DHSTM) at Peking University is currently inviting applications for multiple positions at the ranks of full professor with tenure, associate professors with tenure and on tenure track, assistant professor on tenure track respectively. Given the department’s current engagement in the historical study of science in modern and contemporary China as well as related explorations based on big data, candidates with experience in the twentieth-century history of science, technology, and Medicine (including both Chinese and Western) are encouraged to apply. The search will remain open until the positions are filled, review of applications will begin on January 1st, 2021.
The DHSTM was established in November 2018 and has been headed by Professor Qide Han, a medical scientist and an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, as its founding chairman. The mission of this department is to work with scholars around the world to advance the harmonious development of science, humanity, and society. It concentrates on teaching and studying the history of modern and contemporary science, technology and medicine, aiming at creating a collaboration platform with cutting-edge ideas and global vision.
1. Full Professor with tenure
Applicants should be highly influential scholars with significant publications in their own field and working experience in a top academic institution, either in China or overseas. Candidates should have strategic vision for the discipline’s development, rich teaching experience, extensive academic connections, as well as excellent peer review.
2. Associate Professor with tenure / Associate Professor on tenure track
Applicants should be reputable scholars with high-quality publications in their own field and working experience in a top academic institution, either in China or overseas. Candidates should have rich teaching experience, extensive academic connections, as well as excellent peer review.
3. Assistant Professor on tenure track
Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in hand; preferred candidates are those who have done some postdoctoral research. Candidates must have some academic publications in the field, good peer review, and demonstrated outstanding potential.
- A personal statement, specifying the position applied, research and teaching plan, as well as expected beginning date at the DHSTM.
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A list of publications and forthcoming works, and three representative works;
- A personal plan of academic study in the next 3 to 5 years;
- For junior positions, at least three letters of recommendation from academic professionals, in addition to the references from the applicants’ mentors;
- For tenured position, peer review is required. A list of evaluators and recommenders can be offered for our review.
- A copy of Ph.D. diploma and other certificates of awards, honors, appointments, etc.
Address: Room 207, Jingyuan Courtyard 1, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Apply for Multiple Positions Open in The Department of History of Science, Technology and Medicine, PKU
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly