Scientist, Computational Biology – Machine Learning/AI
Precidiag, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company developing a molecular-level understanding of the influence of gut microbiota on the pathogenesis of disease. The company will utilize this knowledge to develop diagnostic tests and to customized therapeutics.
We are entrepreneurial, ambitions, and dedicated to breakthrough research. We aspire to hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who will challenge assumptions with fresh perspectives and bring creative ideas to the table. We are committed to building an open, diverse, and inclusive environment for our employees.
Individuals applying for this position should have a strong background in machine learning and computational biology and relish the thought of their lead role in the development of our core informatics platform.
This position represents a unique opportunity to get in on the ‘ground floor’, grow with us and make your mark on our world.
Architect, build and operate our computational platform and related AI systems
- Design of Machine Learning (ML) Environment (Inc. Hardware, Software, Data Storage, Security & Back-up requirements)
- Establish protocols for importation of data (from internal & external sources)
- Collaborate with various internal and external teams including: Software vendors, Clinical collaborators, Research scientists and Operations/support resources.
Data Analysis & Product Development
- End-to-end metagenomics dataset analytics that includes design, data gathering, processing, analysis, and reporting.
- Build advanced supervised and unsupervised machine learning models.
- Identify and reproduce emerging methods and tools in computational approaches to multi-omic data analysis, including causal methods, predictive modeling and deep learning.
- Development of Reports (Characterization of microbiota populations, Results of Prognostic Tests, Recommendations based upon analysis/test results)
- M.S in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Solid foundation in Machine learning and understanding of topics such as Generalized Linear Models, SVMs, Regularization, Evaluation Metrics, Optimization Algorithms, Dimensionality Reduction, Tree Based Models, Unsupervised Learning, Deep Learning.
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe2, PyTorch, Spark ML, scikit-learn, Keras, XGBoost, or related frameworks.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one programming language (R, Python).
- Experience integrating Machine Learning models in production
- Experience with analyzing metagenomic datasets
- Technical leadership and self-direction, willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent preparation and experience.
- Experience with the design and implementation of data warehouses to support comprehensive genomic screening and Omics.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or a similar cloud platform
- Knowledge of probabilistic graphical model
More About the Position
Precidiag offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, annual bonus potential, superior opportunities for career growth and development, and a work environment that is truly collaborative, collegial and fun.
Statement of Equal Employment Opportunity
Precidiag, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Apply Today. We'd love to hear from you.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please DO NOT forward any agency resumes. The company WILL NOT be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.
All applicants should be legally entitled to work in the United States.