Postdoctoral Position at NIEHS/NTP
Postdoctoral Position in Stem Cell Biology and Toxicology
(up to 3 years)
A Postdoctoral position is available immediately at the National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences (https://www.niehs.nih.gov/) in Research Triangle Park, NC. This position will work collaboratively within the Stem Cell Toxicology Group (National Toxicology Program Laboratory) and the Stem Cell Biology Group (Epigenetics and Stem Cell Biology Laboratory).
We are seeking an independent and self-motivated individual to help build a human pluripotent stem cell (PSC)-based platform to test and study environmental pollutants for their toxicity and effects on nerve cell formation and growth to help better understand how environmental chemicals contribute to neural development and Parkinson’s disease. This study will bring new knowledge on the role of environmental factors in development and disease. In addition, the PSC-based platform we develop will provide new tools for future environmental health science investigations and will likely find broad utility in developmental neuroscience.
- Recent PhD degree in developmental biology, toxicology, or related field.
- Background in stem cell biology/toxicology is highly desired.
- Experience with pluripotent stem cell culture and differentiation, as well as CRISPR-mediated genome editing is strongly preferred.
- Experience with 2D and 3D cell culture models, and high-throughput screening is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as demonstrated by a strong publication record and presentations at scientific meetings or in work groups.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills and an ability to work on a multi-disciplinary team.
Interested candidates should submit the following application materials as a single PDF file to Dr. Erik Tokar (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Guang Hu (email@example.com):
- Cover letter which describes why you would be a suitable candidate for the position
- Up-to-date CV which includes list of publications
- Contact information for three (3) references.
- Copy of doctoral degree certificate
The NIH is dedicated to building a diverse community in its training and employment programs.