Scientific Director (m/f/d) - Cancer Pharmacology-2012885
We are seeking a creative and scientifically excellent Group Leader (director level) as soon as possible to join our Cancer Pharmacology and Disease Positioning Department at Boehringer Ingelheim RCV, reporting to the Head of Department. The ideal candidate will passionately drive our preclinical drug discovery efforts, shape and position our emerging drug development candidates, and lead a group of in vivo and in vitro pharmacologists. Projects will focus on drugging oncogenic KRAS signalling that drives a large fraction of lung, colorectal and pancreatic tumors. The incumbent will utilise profound knowledge of oncology to ensure the delivery of drug candidates into the clinical pipeline of Boehringer Ingelheim with the aim of bringing new breakthrough treatments to cancer patients.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Advances lead optimization programs to deliver first-in-class development candidates into Boehringer Ingelheim’s clinical oncology pipeline
- Ensures competitive positioning of research programs and development candidates to further grow a leading portfolio with a focus on oncogenic KRAS/MAPK signaling
- Devises and implements innovative approaches for patient selection, addressing drug resistance, and exploring combination treatments
- Establishes impactful external collaborations with academic partners and CROs to enhance portfolio innovation and output
- Builds and develops a group of 10-15 including recruiting, managing, and mentoring scientific staff
- Drives Boehringer Ingelheim’s scientific profile, utilizing a large internal and external network to ensure publication in high impact journals and presentations at international conferences
- PhD degree, research experience in tumor biology with profound expertise in in vivo pharmacology
- Scientific excellence demonstrated by accomplishments in drug discovery and/or an outstanding publication record in cancer therapy-relevant areas
- More than 5 years of team leadership responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong leadership, presentation and communication skills
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Company pension scheme, because your future matters
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
We offer an attractive salary package in line with your qualification, experience and individual competencies. The base pay is composed of a market oriented excess payment and the respective amount according to the Austrian collective agreement (at least € 80,000 gross per year/full-time).
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions for both humans and animals
- As a family owned company, we take the long view and stand for stability and sustainability
- Talented and ambitious teams, living innovation and growing together
- 50,000 employees globally, 2,600 in Vienna
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.