SEC Reporting and Financial Analytics, Associate Director
SEC Reporting and Financial Analytics, Associate Director
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead's Corporate Financial Reporting team (SEC reporting, global consolidation, financial analytics, financial systems) is growing a diverse team of professionals in an atmosphere of inclusion. We seek individuals with unique talents, expertise and backgrounds whose efforts will advance Gilead's mission to help millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
We are looking to hire an Associate Director of SEC reporting and Financial Analytics who is energetic, collaborative and wants to make a difference. Along with an in-depth knowledge of SEC reporting and U.S. GAAP, this role requires hands-on, robust experience in financial analytics with complex datasets in multi-currency environment.
The Associate Director of SEC reporting and Financial Analytics will report to the Sr Director of Corporate Financial Reporting.
- Conduct complex SEC reporting and technical research
- Evaluate reporting and disclosure implications of complex transactions (acquisitions, collaborations, etc.)
- Monitor developments of new accounting and regulatory reporting requirements and participate/lead implementation of changes to reporting processes (including systems and data)
- Participate in global coordination, preparation and publishing of Gilead's quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings
- Perform industry benchmark studies, develop and prepare recommendations
- Enhance financial analytics for both internal management and external reporting purposes by leveraging technology and data available in multiple financial systems across the organization (FCCS, Oracle EBS, OBIEE, Tableau, Workiva platforms, etc.)
- Partner with financial systems, IT and internal reporting teams and identify areas for automation and process improvements, define reporting requirements and develop/drive the execution of project plans
- Liaison with cross-functional teams including Technical Accounting, FP&A, IR, Tax, Treasury and Legal
- Participate and/or lead strategic and process improvement initiatives
- 12+ years of relevant work experience, a combination of Big 4 public accounting and experience in the corporate controllership group of a large multi-national public company
- CPA required
- Extensive experience with technical accounting research and SEC reporting
- Deep experience and skills with financial systems (Oracle, Hyperion, etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- A strong sense of ownership and pride in high performance
- Unquestionable ethics
- A genuine appreciation for diversity and inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive, authentic character, and is a natural team player and relationship builder
- A focus on continuous process improvement opportunities
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Associate-Director--SEC-Reporting-and-Financial-Analytics_R0016161-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency