Sr. Director, Corporate Development - Virology
Sr. Director, Corporate Development - Virology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide. Headquartered in Foster City, California, Gilead has operations in North, South and Central America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. Gilead makes it a priority to increase access to its medicines for people who can benefit from them, regardless of where they live or their economic status.
Sr. Director Corporate Development- Virology
Gilead Sciences is looking to hire a full-time Senior Director for its Corporate Development team to lead a variety of transactions including partnerships and M&A. This individual will lead corporate development activities for Gilead's Virology franchises and support the full range of deal making activities including search & evaluation, due diligence, negotiation, and transaction execution. He or she will report directly to the SVP of Corporate Development and serve as a key advisor for a diverse set of senior stakeholders across research, development, commercial and other functions.
- Identify new business development opportunities and foster relationships with companies of interest
- Coordinate diligence efforts including scientific reviews and commercial assessments
- Craft proposals for new business development projects for consideration by senior leadership
- Develop and lead negotiation of term sheets and agreements with counsel
- Contribute to the continual development of the corporate development strategy in Virology therapeutic area
- Manage junior members of the corporate development team
- Minimum education and years of relevant experience, including experience in biotech/pharma sector and/or professional services (e.g. consulting, finance, legal, and/or corporate experience in a relevant function)
- B.S./B.A. + 14 or more years of experience
- M.B.A./Masters + 12 or more years of experience
- J.D. +12 years of transaction specific experience and industry knowledge
- Must have demonstrated interest in the biopharma industry and shown capability to develop knowledge of specific disease areas and products/companies
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills required
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required
- Must have basic understanding of financial accounting and valuation. Strong forecasting and financial modeling capability is a plus
- Must be able to perform routine work without detailed instructions
- Experience leading or managing cross-functional projects is a plus
- Typically requires a BA or BS degree, chemical/biological sciences preferred
Necessary Skill Sets
- Significant knowledge of biotech/pharma industry required
- Capable of managing multiple priorities with limited oversight
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
- Understanding of scientific concepts and drug development process
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis such as forecasting and valuation work
- Experience with negotiations and contacting
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Sr-Director--Corporate-Development---Virology_R0016151-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency