Postdoctoral Fellow - Gene Editing Institute
Req # JR54349
ChristianaCare is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow for the Gene Editing Institute at the Helen F Graham Cancer Center. In this role the Postdoctoral Fellow will utilize their experience and knowledge to work with a cross-functional team of cell and molecular biologists within the Gene Editing Institute. The successful candidate is expected to carry out the assigned projects mostly independently. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to culturing mammalian and CD34/iPSC primary cells and performing CRISPR-directed cell engineering in vivo and in vitro.
- Maintenance of a highly organized, technical and detailed laboratory notebook containing protocols used, results derived from each experiment or measurement
- Preparation and dissemination of technical reports
- Maintain close communication with all involved team members.
- Present research findings, including preparation of research reports and abstracts, dissemination at national and international scientific conferences and publication of manuscripts by peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature and techniques in the field of CRISPR gene editing and relevant CD34/iPSC assay developments
Requirements: Ph.D. degree in molecular biology, cancer biology, genetics/epigenetics, immunology, or relevant fields. Extensive experience in mammalian and CD34+/iPSC primary cell culture and assay development is required. The applicant must also have experience with managing multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
This is a grant funded position.