Associate Director, Public Affairs
Associate Director, Public Affairs
United Kingdom - London
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
Associate Director, Public Affairs
Holborn (currently remote-based)
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercialises innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer, inflammation, invasive fungal disease, as well as serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
We are currently looking for an Associate Director level team member to join our Public Affairs team, based in our Holborn Office (London).
Reporting into the Senior Director, Public Affairs, UK and Ireland this role is mainly responsible for product area and pipeline communications, patient communications and advocacy and related internal and corporate communications within the affiliate. This is a highly visible communications role potentially covering several therapy areas. We are looking for someone who can;
- Develop and implement programmes to communicate the value that our medicines deliver throughout their lifecycle in the disease areas we are focused on
- Coordinate with cross-functional colleagues to ensure alignment and collaboration on strategic priorities and messaging across different stakeholders
- Examine complex issues from a broader organization perspective, determine communications opportunities and helps determine priorities within the Public Affairs group
- Help to develop/strengthen relationships with a wide variety of community advocates, organisations and professionals
- Implement creative, patient centric disease awareness & communication campaigns to engage with communities we serve
- Prepare press releases, presentations, internal newsletters and other communications materials
- Respond to media requests and arrange interviews with management and opinion leader spokespeople as appropriate
- Ensure alignment of local activities with corporate guidance, working closely with regional/global teams
- Effectively manage all aspects of public relations agency relationships, such as providing direction and project management and managing budgets to target
- Be a member of cross-functional brand teams and steering committees, representing external and internal communications
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and external codes
- Coordinate with cross-functional colleagues across the organization to ensure consistent messaging
- Ensure alignment of local activities with corporate guidance, working closely with regional/corporate HQ teams
- Be the contact person for related crisis and issues management
Experience and skills that we are looking for:
- A strong and proven track record of public relations experience in pharmaceutical and healthcare
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Very strong experience in media relations in addition to knowledge of healthcare and industry media and reporting trends
- Strong experience in patient advocacy and the co-creation of multi-channel campaigns
- Strong knowledge of social media and experience in managing social media campaigns (corporate and/or disease area specific)
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulations and principles specific to communications for a publicly-traded biopharmaceutical company
- Experience managing multiple projects (timelines, budgets, priorities) simultaneously; flexibility and results-oriented focus are essential
- Ability to interact with senior management and high-profile experts appropriately, and with confidence and ease
- Recent or current agency experience is preferred
- Knowledge of the UK health policy and HTA environment preferred
- Knowledge of Irish media and healthcare environment preferred.
- Ability to engage and manage multiple stakeholders to achieve objectives
- Curious with a strong learning agility (the ability to rapidly study, analyse and understand new situations and business problems)
- Operationally excellent and resilient in the context of a rapidly changing environment
- Organised with systematic approach to prioritisation
- Process orientated to achieve the business objective
Gilead Core Values
- Integrity (always doing the right thing),
- Teamwork (collaborating in good faith),
- Excellence (working at a high level of commitment and capability)
- Accountability (taking personal responsibility).
- Inclusion (encouraging diversity)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-Kingdom---London/Associate-Director--Public-Affairs_R0016135-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency