Sr Research Associate, Inflammation, Biology
Sr Research Associate, Inflammation, Biology
United States - California - Foster City
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
The Inflammation department at Gilead Sciences is seeking a motivated Research Associate with a strong cell biology background. The successful candidate will support research to discover and develop therapeutic agents for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
In this role, the candidate's major responsibilities will be to:
- Independently execute tasks and support early discovery activities and project goals.
- Interpret experimental outcomes and present results in team meetings.
- Work on complex problems where the development and implementation of non-routine assays and analysis are required.
- Interface with cross-functional and cross-site subject matter experts, project teams, and external vendors to advance projects.
- Demonstrate strong time and task management skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Direct experience in research drug discovery and target identification/validation.
- Core cell biology skills required, including mammalian and primary tissue culture, and development of subsequent functional assays.
- Proficiency in common laboratory techniques: multi-color flow cytometry, ELISA, and qPCR.
- Familiarity with in vitro and in vivo model systems of inflammation is considered a plus.
- Strong motivation, attention to detail, with the ability to think independently and integrate into a high-achieving team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS with 2+ years /MS degree with 0+years experience in Biology or Biological Science with some industry experience.
- Detail-oriented with excellent record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Must be a flexible, results oriented, independent self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/United-States---California---Foster-City/Research-Associate--Inflammation-Biology_R0012531-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency