Therapeutic Specialist HIV Alicante
Therapeutic Specialist HIV Alicante
Spain - Alicante
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gileads therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the companys five core values. Thats because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen to join the Spanish Commercial Team as a Therapeutic Specialist to be responsible for the HIV franchise across Alicante.
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets and consistently achieving performance objectives in assigned territory
- Represents Gilead's products and services to a defined customer base within a specific geographic area
- Utilizes a level of product and therapeutic disease working knowledge to promote the appropriate use of Gilead products to healthcare professionals
- Prepares business plan for own territory, assigns targets and communicates required actions to achieve goals
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor performance evolution and action plans.
- May represent the company at professional events, according to current Spanish laws and industry regulations
- Works as an individual contributor
- Builds and extends business relationships with key customers or accounts
- Works cooperatively with Medical Scientists, Market Access Managers, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects related to specific accounts or physicians
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. CRM/G360 expenses report, etc.
- Responsible for achieving the competency levels required in the role. Compliance with all Spanish law is required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Typically requires a degree in Life Sciences and extensive relevant selling experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry, Hospital Specialty Care
- Prior experience in HIV is desirable
- Proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship building skills is required
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with a general level of autonomy and independence
- The ideal candidate will align with Gilead's core values by being accountable for their work, displaying integrity in everything they do, thriving in a team environment, and seeing excellence as the only measure of success
- Prior experience of selling in a specialist disease area is required and experience in Infectology is highly desired. Candidates should demonstrate impeccable selling ability and fair, balanced communication at all levels
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
It is the policy of Gilead Sciences, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively "Gilead" or the "Company") to recruit select and employ the most qualified persons available for positions throughout the Company. Except if otherwise provided by applicable law, all employment actions relating to issues such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, returns from layoffs, company-sponsored training, education assistance, social and recreational programs are administered on a non-discriminatory basis (i.e. without regard to protected characteristics or prohibited grounds, which may include an individual's gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, veteran status, and age, unless such protection is prohibited by federal, state, municipal, provincial, local or other applicable laws). Gilead also prohibits discrimination based on any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
To apply, visit https://gilead.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/gileadcareers/job/Spain---Alicante/Therapeutic-Specialist-HIV-Alicante_R0011226-1
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency